Suggest an Idea

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. make it possible to hide completed Projects under the same Customers on Time Card

I've tried marking the status as "completed", and "canceled" in QBO and they still show up and may be selected in TSheets Time Cards. As I understand it, the "Customer" must be made "inactive" in QBO to prevent it from showing up on the Time Card selection.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Track Time  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to take employee photo/facial recognition from mobile device, similar to Kiosk

Add the ability for employees to take a picture upon login from their mobile device.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Track Time  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Time Entries List Filter

In TSheets when selecting Time Entries then Timesheet List, I would like to see the ability to filter this window. I would like to break it up by day so that I can compare timesheets for my crew on a day to day basis vs having them overflow onto the next page. I would like to be able to expand the timesheet list window as well.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. A way to track banked hours

We allow employees to bank overtime hours at the overtime rate and use they for personal time off or vacation if they do not have time accumulated for time off. They can use for vacation, personal or sick days.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. ability to track time as Non billable

As the business owner I want to track my time for things that are not billable to any particular customer. Working on administrative items, etc. I still want to track my time but do not want to select a customer....

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Track Time  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Remember last service item for project/customer

I work on a number of different clients throughout the day, and it would be nice if my time card remembered the service item that I last logged for that client. For example, if the last time I worked on the client 'Bob Smith' was for the service item 'File Review', the next time I change my client to 'Bob Smith' the service item would default to 'File Review' (regardless of what I was doing for client 'Jane Anderson' just prior)

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Track Time  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Require GPS location for clock in/clock out from any device

Either provide the ability to get GPS location regardless of what device the employee is on. If that's not possible, add the ability so to restrict clock in on devices that are enforceable (e.g., TSheets mobile apps)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Track time accurately for overnight workers

Track time accurately for overnight workers. If i use job codes it splits the shift at midnight. Time sheets adds the work after midnight to the begining of the next work shift. They work from 8:30 PM to 6:30 AM. This one problem keeps me from using all of the extra features

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Employees can download their weekly time sheet for future reference

Currently there is no way an employee can keep a record on their computer or mobile phone. A bit unfair, the employer can change hours without consent of employee. Employees need to be able to have a record of hours and preferably as a downloadable file each week. It keeps the boss honest!!!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Track Time  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Template notes

It would be great if we could set up template notes as well, to choose either a template from a drop down, or type in our own notes for each project.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Remember my default settings for reports like HH:MM and dates

Remember my setting of HH:MM for time entry and custom date range, instead of decimal and current week defaults.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Restart a previous job from the Timesheets section of the app

Can we have a way to restart a previous job from the Timesheets section of the app? Maybe a swipe to the right which would restart that job at the current time with the previous settings. This would shorten the process for those of us that clock in to a "lunch" job and then back in to the previous job.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Shortcuts for commonly entered text in notes field (text expander)

Is there a way to type in a shortcut like "QBO" and then the phrase " QuickBooks Online" or shortcut "1040" and then the phrase "Preparation of Form 1040 for the year ended ....." gets automatically typed into the note section for each time entry. I have used this feature repeatedly in Word, Excel and TimeSlips.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Would love the ability to set a minimum hours per month (or payperiod) that people have to work.

Employees at my company have a set number of hours they must hit each month (pay period). They can use their billable and PTO hours anyway they want to hit this limit, but they need to hit it.

It would be great to show them how many hours they need to hit it and if they are "burning hot" or "burning cold". Think of a burn down chart in agile development.

Right now everyone keeps a spreadsheet that does this calculation and then manually moves hours to TSheets.....I really don't want them wasting their time to do it if possible!…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow me to import time into TSheets using CSV

Currently I can send my time in CSV format to customer support and they will import it into TSheets. I want to be able to do this myself without needing to send it to customer support.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. TSheets for "multi-tasking" environment

TSheets is light years beyond the QuickBooks built-in time tracking feature in most respects. However, one feature of the latter that would be great to see added to TSheets would be the ability to resume the timer on a task paused earlier in the day, rather than creating a new entry each time. In other words, if an employee works on 4 different tasks on a given day, but is repeatedly switching between those 4 tasks, it would be nice to just have 4 TSheets entries for that employee's day, rather than 20.

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Track Time  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Restrict clock-in time

A TSheets customer rep indicated to me that "there isn't a way to restrict what time employees can clock in from the mobile app.
    there is a way to do that if they are clocking in from the computer using our scheduling add-on, but that setting is not compatible with the mobile app."
    It would be invaluable to incorporate that option into the mobile app, ideally with an administrator-adjustable option allowing how many minutes an employee would be allowed to retroactively clock-in.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Notification when employees leave job site

We are a construction company and sometimes our employees go from one job site to another throughout the day. It would be nice to have a notification text sent to an employee when they leave the job site reminding them to either clock out or switch jobs. It would be a feature similar to the Clock In / Clock Out reminders.

102 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Track Time  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Restrict clocking in and out for an individual employee by time

For better control over employees time, would be great to be able to set a start time (8am for instance) so that the employee can't clock in until that time. If they need to clock in early, they could leave note and it will be corrected.

It will save time and money or phone calls to employees that they need to punch in at 8 am and not wait for others on company clock.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Track Time  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Include the physical address for GPS tracking instead of coordinates

For easier access and cross referencing, it would be easier to include the actual physical address for the GPS tracking, instead of the coordinate points. Most current apps have this feature. It would be easier to track your employees and confirm locations.

179 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Track Time  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base