Suggest an Idea

How can we improve TSheets?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Need Mac Integration

This needs to work for Mac operating systems or we won't be able to continue using this program. Every time I need to sync, I have to request it from our bookkeeper.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but it seems this isn't possible on my Mac.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Integrations › QuickBooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Integrate and work with QuickBooks projects

pull projects from QB into Tsheets

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Integrations › QuickBooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow TSheets to import timesheet information into the vendor center in QBO. My understanding is that this functionality is in QBD

It would be great if QBO could receive time sheet data from TSHEETS in the vendor center to pay expenses. We want to use Tsheets for tracking our contract workers hours and we need to be able to pay them in QBO without having to manually enter all of the data into QBO.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow Used Defined Roll-ups for Quickbooks Time Integration and Concatenating Notes Accordingly

Instead of just exporting every time entry in Quickbooks (causing many many records to show for Invoicing per day), what about allowing the user to decide how the data rolls up (by Service Item per Day; by Customer/Job per Day, etc.) and then concatenating the associated Time Notes. The user could also pick the delimiter (; or " ", etc.). This would produce clean Quickbooks Time entries per Customer Task per Day / Week etc., while also detailing all work done (If you want to make it even fancier, eliminate repeating Notes; honestly it would easy to edit those out…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Export Class and Service Item Information Along with Hours, so Details Show on Check Stubs!

Please set up Classes and Service Items to export into QuickBooks Online along with the hours. Currently only the hours export to QBO, it would be helpful to us and our employees to see detail on their paystubs.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow Notes in Quickbooks customer/jobs to import into TSheets

Allow Notes in Quickbooks customer/jobs to import into TSheets. So when the employee selects the job, notes would be available for them to see.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Integrations › QuickBooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Export hours to multiple companies in Quickbooks

I have a need to export Tsheet hours to multiple companies in Quickbooks. I am thinking that this would be a rather easy feature to add by (1) adding a "company ID" field to the time sheet, and (2) allow me to select exports based upon this field.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Integrations › QuickBooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. PTO Mapping in Quickbooks

We use custom PTO codes for different types of sick time (i.e. short & long) as well as other types of PTO. TSheets doesn't map these custom codes to the correct payroll item in QBD and exports this time as "regular time." The ability to create custom PTO codes is a very useful feature but only if the mapping to QBD is correct.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Integrations › QuickBooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Group time entries into single billable expenses/unbilled time entries by customer or job when importing into QBO

We do a lot of toggling back and forth between different clients on a given day - lots of very small time entries. We want to collect that data in TSheets, but when we actually invoice our clients, we would prefer that they be grouped by service item into one total for a given time period (a month in this case). With the current import set up, the only way we can use the billable expenses/unbilled time feature is to produce invoices with line items for each time entry. This results in VERY long invoices with far too much detail.…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Integrations › QuickBooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ability to add a Customer/Job in TSheets that'll go into QuickBooks

Being able for the Job Supervisor to add a Customer/Job name in TSheets, without it first having to be added in QuickBooks.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Integrations › QuickBooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Bring over QuickBooks customer description into TSheets

When I create a sub-customer in QuickBooks, I enter information in the description which auto-populates for my employees on their time sheets when they're entering it using QB, but that description is not coming over into the TSheets app. Without it auto-populating in TSheets, it means I will have to go in and add it manually to every time entry. That's a deal breaker there.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Integrations › QuickBooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Export partial week hours to QuickBooks

Export partial week to QuickBooks Online. The 1st time I tried this software, I manually put in all hours for the pay period, which ended on a Monday (I exported onTuesday). Each employee had 8 hours listed for that Monday. I exported hours out to QBOnline and it did not transfer the 8 hours for that Monday. I was told that the system was configured to calculate overtime from Sunday to Saturday, and since I exported on Tuesday, Monday's time did not export. I was told that I need to turn Overtime calculations off, export the time, then turn Overtime…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Designate Specific Payroll Items to Specifc Employees

We have over 100 payroll items as we track payroll by Nurses, LPNs, CNAs, NPs, Social Workers, Office staff, etc. and in each category have wages, overtime, holiday, sick, vacation, etc. As such it would be awesome to be able to assign payroll items to employees, thus giving each employee a much smaller list of options to chose from, therefore making time entry much quicker for the employee.

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. QuickBooks Job Status:Closed Removes Customer:Job from TSheets

In QuickBooks, setting the Job Status to In Progress would sync the Customer:Job to TSheets. When the Job Status was changed to Closed, it would remove it from TSheets.
    That way I can leave the Customer:Job in QuickBooks as Active without it showing up for workers to choose for billing hours.
    I think I remember this working a year ago, but does not work that way now.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Integrations › QuickBooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow you to add time to a previously entered time transaction with same client using same service item and update the notes

We work on several different clients throughout the day. Usually they have the same service item and we just need to add more time and more notes to the current time. Currently you must add a new time with new notes. So when it imports into QB you have several lines with same info. This doesn't work well.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Exclude invoice creation in for a client in Quickbooks from being considered an update during an import

I have clients in Quickbooks that have recurring monthly fees but no service projects. In order to simplify the time entry process, it's better to have only clients with open projects as active in tsheets. However, every time a monthly invoice is generated in QB, the archived client in Tsheets is activated because the invoice generation is considered an "update" to the client. Couldn't updates to a client only be based on the client profile and not activity that affects the financials?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow Time Imported into Quickbooks to be Matched to Notes & Time Already Entered

It would be nice to match time exported from TSheets to time already entered in QuickBooks. Since we bill daily for time that hasn't yet been approved, it would be nice when I sync at the end of the day to not have to go through and delete duplicates.

It could be done either with a list that comes up that could be potential matches and you choose if any are matches, or, pick and choose what time to export from TSheets.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add the ability to map custom accounts from QuickBooks for non-billable codes with TSheets PTO codes.

As a federal contractor, we use QuickBooks for accounting, ADP for payroll, and TSheets for time tracking - all compliant with DCAA requirements. The built-in PTO option within TSheets allows me to set up nice non-billable codes for my employees to use, however when exporting the time to QuickBooks, I'm unable to map those codes to my chart of accounts in QuickBooks - they all come through as "Sales."

For example: Christmas fell on Thursday last year. If an employee took PTO on Wednesday and Friday, and Holiday on Thursday, when I run a report in QuickBooks on time, etc.…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Integrations › QuickBooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Be able to assign a Quickbooks class to all PTO codes that are setup.

The existing system today requires us to manually input all the classes into QuickBooks for all PTO codes that our employees enter. We would like to be able to either assign a default class (by employee) or better yet, have employees required to enter a class associated with that PTO code.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base