Suggest an Idea

How can we improve TSheets?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Pay Rate Engine Linked with Scheduling Feature

It would be extremely useful if the pay rate engine was linked to the scheduling feature. For example, in my business, we have several different schedules with different overtime rules (i.e. daily after 8, weekly after 40; four condensed 10 hour days with no OT; four condensed 12 hour days with 2 hours OT each day). It would be nice when you schedule a crew on one of these schedules, that the pay rate engine setup would also automatically kick in without having to manually move employees to the right pay rate engine category. This would simplify the administration side…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Staff Checklist

This has been described previously as greatly beneficial to business, I must agree. The ability to attach a short to-do list that can be viewed in the timecard by employees would be great. Ideally, as the employee completes a task, they tick the box and the text for that task is automatically transferred to their timesheet or notes. If a task is not completed by the time clock off has occurred, a manager should be prompted with a notification that the task requires re-scheduling.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. One job, multiple employees, different times.

So you have a big job that will need multiple employees. You've already got a lot of work booked in, so you assign the job to 1 employee to start from 8am.
    You then want to have another 2 employees help after they've completed their jobs. Let's say 11am and 1pm.

Currently, if you were to assign different times to each employee, to them it would look like they're on the job alone as it only shows people arriving and/or leaving at the same time. In this case, the poor bloke who started at 8am has no idea that colleagues…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Remove an employee from the schedule.

I have had an employee who we have let go. She is still showing on the schedule going forward because I need access to her previous schedule.
    It would be nice if I could remove her before I archive her.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Manually reorder the schedule

It would be nice to be able to drag and reorder the jobs on the schedule to place certain jobs before/after others. I know that they are automatically ordered based on time, but because the jobs we do have so many variables, it's impossible to set specific times. So instead, we set each job to all-day and list them in the order that we want them to be completed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Ability to add/attach photos and other files to scheduled shifts

It would be helpful to have the ability to attach a photo, inventory list or other important documents(perhaps limit 2) to the note section of an employee's schedule. While out on the job, they would be able to have all info in the same spot. Currently, we share info via text or email. This would make life so much simpler.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Search function for Schedule

Because of the sheer amount of jobs we have per month, we currently use Google calendar for our scheduling because we are able to search for anything we have written in the description of the event, which makes it convenient and easy to search for a unit number, even if it was a year ago. This function is detrimental to our business flow, as it's something we do on almost a daily basis - the ability to search our calendar in Tsheets makes a world of difference. I have seen people suggest this on here going back as far as…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Duplicate one shift (different from repeat function)

It would be great to have the ability to duplicate a shift when it doesn't extend (which can be handled by the Repeat function).

For example, you enter a service call for a customer and then a month later they contact you again. Instead of filling out all the information again, you search for that customer and duplicate the shift to the new day and alter any information required.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Properly reflect breaks in schedule

I would like to add a "break" to their schedule, it doesn't have to be a set time, but if they are working 9-5 with a one hour break, their scheduled hours should be 7 hours, not 8.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Drag & Drop new tasks "into" Schedule from a sidebar list?

Every morning, I'd like to make a list on a sidebar (or pop-out window) of all the tasks for the next couple of days (for myself and for others) in no particular order. I could then analyze those tasks and then drag and drop them into Schedule in the preferred order and assignments. This sidebar list would have to retain unused tasks until either dragged or manually deleted. In my case they would not have to be pre-assigned to employees (that could be accomplished in the edit mode at the time they are dragged and dropped). An advanced version could…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Only show jobs/customers an employee is scheduled for

Our employees typically work at a new Job each day, so we are required to go into 70-80 Employee Editor Screens weekly, and clear their Jobs. If TSheets would allow the Schedule to determine the Job Assignments, it would save us a lot of time and errors. So they are only able to clock into their Scheduled Jobs today, and tomorrow they are only able to clock into the Job they are scheduled for, the Jobs from the day before no longer show up (unless they're scheduled to go back).

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Calendar Viewing Customizable

Being able to choose what I see in the monthly, daily, weekly schedule view.
    right now the view I have is - 8am-4pm 2 employees Customer name;job
    I don't need to see - 8am-4pm 2 employees
    ALL I need to see is - Customer; job and service
    Being able to customize it I would then be able to move jobs around on the schedule WITHOUT having to open the job up to see the service. We do multiple service items for the same customer and have multiple jobs with the same customer. Our work is based on the weather if…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Click and drag on calendar to create multi-day events

Being able to click and drag across multiple days in the schedule calendar view to create a multi-day event would be a big time savings over setting up the repeat options manually.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Two-way sync with Google Calendar

Using the API for Google allow for bi direction sync of calendar to schedule and vice versa. Our company has been using a shared calendar for years to manage the schedule and we'd like to continue to do so for historical reasons. However things on the calendar we can't see in schedule and when we put them in schedule, we can color code, or edit anything in calendar which is making it VERY difficult on our scheduling team. We're doing double entry for every job.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. More colors to choose from for scheduling

To have more colors to choose from in scheduling. We have 3 locations, multiple positions and 30+ employees

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Send customers appointments reminders with customizable text

Send email reminders to customers from the scheduling function in Tsheets, allow to input an email address, name and the time of the appointment. Allow simple but customisable email.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Undo accidental changes accidentally made to all repeating shi

Add ability to undo change made to entire series of shifts. Now, changing the series of shifts also changes past shifts so you can not see who worked the same shifts in previous weeks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Give the ability to edit templates.

I use the template feature when scheduling equipment to my employees. When I get a new piece of equipment I have to re-create the entire template to add one item. It would be nice to have the ability to edit templates in this instance.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. In scheduling set up an area for unscheduled and unassigned shifts. These shifts would need to have an approximate date on them like this m

In scheduling set up an area for unscheduled and unassigned shifts. These shifts would need to have an approximate date on them like this month or March. So, when you are scheduling you could pull a shift from the unscheduled/unassigned area and drag it to an employee and date.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base