Suggest an Idea

How can we improve TSheets?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Default billable and service item

Set a default billable option and service item for tasks.

154 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

74 comments  ·  Integrations › QuickBooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. QuickBooks Job Status:Closed Removes Customer:Job from TSheets

In QuickBooks, setting the Job Status to In Progress would sync the Customer:Job to TSheets. When the Job Status was changed to Closed, it would remove it from TSheets.
    That way I can leave the Customer:Job in QuickBooks as Active without it showing up for workers to choose for billing hours.
    I think I remember this working a year ago, but does not work that way now.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Integrations › QuickBooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow Multiple Payroll Items to Custom Fields Map Per Employee

Have the ability to use the payroll map to override by service items but each employee gets payed a different rate for the same service item.

We have many "regular" payroll items set up, and I would like to be able to assign some (more than one) to each employee. Similar to how you can assign customers/jobs to each employee in the "Manage Employees" area.

ie. We have framing-employee, framing-corp, painting-employee and painting-corp. I would like to be able to assign framing-employee and painting-employee to the employees and framing-corp and painting-corp to the corporate officers. (There are more than these…

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Integrations › QuickBooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Gathering Feedback  ·  Elise responded

This is a great idea! It has come up more often and is common. Let’s see if we can get more votes :)

4. Designate Specific Payroll Items to Specifc Employees

We have over 100 payroll items as we track payroll by Nurses, LPNs, CNAs, NPs, Social Workers, Office staff, etc. and in each category have wages, overtime, holiday, sick, vacation, etc. As such it would be awesome to be able to assign payroll items to employees, thus giving each employee a much smaller list of options to chose from, therefore making time entry much quicker for the employee.

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Integrations › QuickBooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Have a default on the employee level to make all time billable/non-billable when importing to QB...this way employees dont have to select it

It would be nice to have a default setting per employee that automatically marked their time as billable or nonbillable for importing into QB.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Integrations › QuickBooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Date Stamp Button in the Notes Field

I'd like to see the Date stamp & Employee Name transfer to the QuickBooks Notes field so that it can end up on the invoice line items.

Please put 2 buttons in the Notes field area.

1. Date Stamp: This will allow auto-insert the date into the notes field (which will then transfer to the QuickBooks timesheet notes and thus, to the Invoice.)

2. Employee Name Stamp: This will auto-insert the Employee's name into the notes field (which will then transfer to the QB Timesheet Notes and then to Invoice line items.)

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Integrations › QuickBooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Gathering Feedback  ·  Elise responded

This is a great idea for our product! Please continue to vote and add comments to the idea.

7. Import only 1099 Contractors as Vendors

I would like to be able to specify 'Upload 1099 vendors only' in QB versus all vendors with a full name.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Integrations › QuickBooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Only display jobs to employees, not customers

Right now the QuickBooks Integration pulls in the Customers and Jobs from QuickBooks, but this means that employees must know the Customer name. It would be nice if we could ignore the Customer field and only have TSheets import Job names so that our employees don't have to learn all the Customer names.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Integrations › QuickBooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Group time entries into single billable expenses/unbilled time entries by customer or job when importing into QBO

We do a lot of toggling back and forth between different clients on a given day - lots of very small time entries. We want to collect that data in TSheets, but when we actually invoice our clients, we would prefer that they be grouped by service item into one total for a given time period (a month in this case). With the current import set up, the only way we can use the billable expenses/unbilled time feature is to produce invoices with line items for each time entry. This results in VERY long invoices with far too much detail.…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Integrations › QuickBooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Option for All newly imported customers from Quickbooks, to import into TSheets as Unassigned

Option for All newly imported customers from Quickbooks, to import into TSheets as Unassigned

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Integrations › QuickBooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Send Start and End time to QuickBooks

When synchronizing to QuickBooks, the notes from the time clock goes into the description field when creating an invoice.

I would like to be able to send the Start Time and End Time along with the notes into the description field of the invoice. Customers that get an invoice for billable time, would also like to see the Actual Start time and End time, rather then just see a total time billed.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Integrations › QuickBooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add the ability to map custom accounts from QuickBooks for non-billable codes with TSheets PTO codes.

As a federal contractor, we use QuickBooks for accounting, ADP for payroll, and TSheets for time tracking - all compliant with DCAA requirements. The built-in PTO option within TSheets allows me to set up nice non-billable codes for my employees to use, however when exporting the time to QuickBooks, I'm unable to map those codes to my chart of accounts in QuickBooks - they all come through as "Sales."

For example: Christmas fell on Thursday last year. If an employee took PTO on Wednesday and Friday, and Holiday on Thursday, when I run a report in QuickBooks on time, etc.…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow Notes in Quickbooks customer/jobs to import into TSheets

Allow Notes in Quickbooks customer/jobs to import into TSheets. So when the employee selects the job, notes would be available for them to see.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Integrations › QuickBooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow Time Imported into Quickbooks to be Matched to Notes & Time Already Entered

It would be nice to match time exported from TSheets to time already entered in QuickBooks. Since we bill daily for time that hasn't yet been approved, it would be nice when I sync at the end of the day to not have to go through and delete duplicates.

It could be done either with a list that comes up that could be potential matches and you choose if any are matches, or, pick and choose what time to export from TSheets.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Quickbooks for Mac

I'd be oh so happy if you could export to QB for Mac desktop version.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Integrations › QuickBooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. It would be great to be able to add a new customer and/or job in Tsheets that would then create a new customer or job in Quickbooks.

Frequently we get new jobs and customers that may not have yet been entered into quickbooks because they haven't been billed yet. There should be a way to add these in Tsheets "on the road."

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow the option to manually enter overtime if you are unable to calculate overtime automatically

My company calculates overtime for over 80 hours in 2 weeks so we are unable to calculate overtime in our account. I would like the ability to manually assign overtime hours before exporting to Quickbooks.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. QuickBooks sync Notes Option

It would be nice if there were an option to turn off the NOTES when syncing with Quickbooks. Presently when you sync with QB and there are notes on T-Sheets time entries, QB will create a separate line on the Employee's time card for each note even if the person worked on the same job for the whole week. If that person worked on multiple jobs on multiple days and left a note on each entry the time card might be 20 or more lines long. It would be nice to turn off note syncing with QB but allow an…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Export hours to multiple companies in Quickbooks

I have a need to export Tsheet hours to multiple companies in Quickbooks. I am thinking that this would be a rather easy feature to add by (1) adding a "company ID" field to the time sheet, and (2) allow me to select exports based upon this field.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Export partial week hours to QuickBooks

Export partial week to QuickBooks Online. The 1st time I tried this software, I manually put in all hours for the pay period, which ended on a Monday (I exported onTuesday). Each employee had 8 hours listed for that Monday. I exported hours out to QBOnline and it did not transfer the 8 hours for that Monday. I was told that the system was configured to calculate overtime from Sunday to Saturday, and since I exported on Tuesday, Monday's time did not export. I was told that I need to turn Overtime calculations off, export the time, then turn Overtime…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base