Suggest an Idea

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow schedule restrictions in mobile app

I'm looking for a scheduling feature where employees can only clock in and out on predetermined schedules. I understand you have a beta that would work if they are clocking in and out in their computer but 99% of our work force is mobile and uses they mobile app. Would be great if we had this options to help with operations and time management.

Thanks!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Manage › Timesheets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. API for Schedule (read-only is fine)

We'd like to be able to retrieve employee availability from the schedule via an API. We'd use this information to determine whether or not to assign an employee a new lead or not.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Automate the import of job estimates from quickbooks to limit the service items chargeable to a job in tsheets

Automate the import of job estimates from quickbooks to limit the service items chargeable to a job in tsheets

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Manage › Jobs/Customers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I think you should add an integration for smart watches, like Pebble

I think Pebble smart watch integration, and integration for other smart watches would be a good feature to add.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. The scheduling add on should be able to be viewed separated by employee

On the calendar, possibly to the left side, it should be able to be divided up by employee so you can see everyone's schedule for the day rather than just the day's schedule

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Suppress / Hide Manager's Own Time Sheet

Many managers are on salary and don't need to fill out their own personal time sheet. So, it confuses them when they log in for the first time to approve their employee's time and they see their own Time Sheet window pop up, almost prompting them to enter in their personal time. Would be great to just suppress or hide that, so that they only have the ability to approve employees.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Manage › Timesheets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make Custom Fields visible on Who's Working display as option

Ideally the crew should be able to see the location of other crew members in Who's Working on mobile. Currently only the Job Codes show up there. We use a custom field to enter the crew member's location and would like that to be what is seen from Who's Working. So either what is displayed in Who's Working is customizable, or custom fields are added to the display in addition to Job Codes.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Custom Fields/Service Items  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Employee permissions report

I would like to have a report by user that shows their permissions instead of having to open each person's profile

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow e-mail reminders both at the end of the week AND end of the time period (month)

A previous request, which you marked as 'closed' was not really closed. The user asked for reminders at the end of the pay period *in addition to* weekly reminders. You implemented reminders that are either weekly or monthly, but can't be both. That is not what was asked for... we need both. The limitation to only allow one or the other seems arbitrary and unnecessary.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add "Service item" as a column in the manual time card, instead of having it underneath

Moving the service item next to the customer makes it easier for our consultants to double check their timesheet at a glance, instead of clicking on every time entry to see what task was being worked on. Huge time saver!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Track Time › Manual Time Card  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Weekly Digest needs to come when I want it!

Oh how I love the weekly digest. But my timesheets are due every Monday at noon, so I want my weekly digest to come Monday at 12:30. I recently made this request and heard that I can't change when I receive this super cool report. THANKS!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Schedule calendar should show job code rather than group

We should have to option of what the calendar view in scheduling shows with the name. Right now it shows the group. We would find it more useful if we could show the job code next to the name.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Track employee GPS as "admin" in app.

It would be great to, as a manager/ admin in my app, to view GPS locations of employees. Only way to do it now mobile is to log into tsheets.com via mobile device, desktop view, then as normal.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile Apps (Android/iOS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. create the ability to add a timesheet from the approvals report

create the ability to add a timesheet from the approvals report

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Manage › Approvals  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow more than 1500 Jobs to Globally assign to employees

Currently the system will error and slow if the Jobs are globally assigned. We have 6000+ customers in QB and we need to have access to all of them for each employee. Currently I will have to assign and remove 30-60 Jobs/customers a week.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Manage › Jobs/Customers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Exclude invoice creation in for a client in Quickbooks from being considered an update during an import

I have clients in Quickbooks that have recurring monthly fees but no service projects. In order to simplify the time entry process, it's better to have only clients with open projects as active in tsheets. However, every time a monthly invoice is generated in QB, the archived client in Tsheets is activated because the invoice generation is considered an "update" to the client. Couldn't updates to a client only be based on the client profile and not activity that affects the financials?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Integrations › QuickBooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Importing jobs... need to be able to assign a group or groups automatically

When importing weekly jobs, we need to be able to automatically assign groups. It would be great if we could include the assigned group on the import file.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Manage › Jobs/Customers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. notification and report generation if service item per customer is exceeded.

We sync with Quickbooks where the service items and customer come from. Currently neither Quickbooks or Tsheets has the ability for someone to enter in the hours bid for a service item per customer, thus no automated way exists to generate a report where things stand. We are hoping T-Sheets could create a way to enter hours allocated, so a report could be generated. Also a notification to managers/admins if ever exceeded. Other configurations what would be helpful, is instead of hours, add in a dollar amount, where the dollar amount is reduced based off the employee(s) rates that are…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Feedback and Knowledge Base