Suggest an Idea

How can we improve TSheets?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Remove or Limit the Who's Working Window

Ability to limit the who's working window by department or location as well as the ability to remove the who's working window completely from the account. Many companies that track time do not need to know who is currently on the clock or who has hours for the day. Examples would be salaried employees or companies that track time for invoicing reasons.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  13 comments  ·  Manage › Employees/Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Restore Deleted Timesheets/Timsheet Recycle Bin

Currently TSheets does not have graceful support for recovering a timesheet that was deleted due to user error.

TSheets should have an employee timesheet recycle bin so users can easily access and recover deleted timesheets. Admin users should be able to see the contents of all employee recycle bins.

Even better would be a two-stage recycle bin system. An employee recycle bin and then an account recycle bin that holds all items deleted from employee recycle bins for 30 days or whatever.

We're under trial, and the lack of an efficient and reliable recovery mechanism is a barrier to adoption…

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Manage › Timesheets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow External Users to Approve Time

Need the ability to allow an external user to view and approve specified users times. The external user may have no association with the employment of resources and might not enter time into the system themselves.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Manage › Approvals  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Map Overview of Team & Jobs

Having a map which had pins locating my employees and jobs both active and inactive would be very advantageous.

With such a map, controlling which employee goes to which job would become a simple, visual task.

As a tile contractor, I also have a driver who I direct to various jobs to drop off and pick up material. With such a map, I could easily see which jobs are on the way to/from a supplier.

With such a visual aid, anyone could do this job for me freeing up my time and the CEO.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Manage › Employees/Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Fill in default values for custom fields based on Task/Service Item

For 90% of our timecard entry, the custom fields are dependent variables, not independent variables, based on the Task/Service Item. The employees have to fill out these redundant fields every time through the annoying pop-up, creating a bad user experience. Also, this gives the employees the opportunity to enter in incorrect data for the custom fields. This is especially true for values where there is only one value allowed for the customer. Why even make the user click when there is only one option?

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Custom Fields/Service Items  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mobile Apps (Android/iOS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. The ability to set up Holidays on a Calendar and have any regular time worked count as overtime on these days

There should be a feature where I as a manager can open a calender and plot in days that should be considered holidays and as such should work just as Sundays. All time worked on these days should
    count as overtime.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Manage › Paid Time Off (PTO)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Photo attached to employee profile

We have many seasonal employees, and it can be difficult to keep track of who is who, especially early in the season. The ability to see a picture of each employee next to their profile would help us greatly!

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Manage › Employees/Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Colours linked to project code

Need the colour of a task to default to the project code so all task related to a particular project show as the same colour on the timeline.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Round Total Time on Reports

We see the time round add-in but this only works when clocking in and out - not for manual or timesheet edits. Also, what we really want from a billing perspective is for the total time to be rounded for billing purposes (not rounding of clock in or out times)?

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Send out texts from TSheets Dashboard to employees

Allow a manager or admin to send text messages to employees from the TSheets interface, this would allow them to receive updates and notifications.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Exclude specific job codes from overtime calculations.

Not including PTO codes is great, but there are some job codes that don't contribute to overtime in a week and we need to separate it out.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Manage › Jobs/Customers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Gathering Feedback  ·  Victoria responded

Our developers are digging into what this will entail…stay tuned and keep those votes coming!

13. Add SAML 2.0 Support

Support secure SAML login via identity providers such as OneLogin, Okta, Ping, etc,.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Submit your API to Zapier.com

This would allow TSheets to instantly work with SO many other services AND customers without the need for complicated/custom programming.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Developer API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. User Defined "Are Your Still on this Job?" alerts

Have a user defined time, i.e. 15, 30, 60 minutes where a pop-up asks, "Still working on XYZ?" allowing you to click yes, keep working or no, switch to other job.
    This is handy for employees who are new to Tsheets or those who do many very short tasks.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Single sign on (SSO)

I'd love to see single sign on ability so TSheets could truly be integrated into an enterprise environment through OneLogin or similar identify management solution.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Lunch Breaks Emails

Need to make sure an employee clocks out for lunch breaks -- need to send them an email after being clocked in for 4 hours "Lunch Time".....this way we do not have to change their time sheets as managers!!!

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Track Time › Breaks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Ability to view my employees' hours from the mobile apps

I'd like to pull up my app on my phone and see all the hours worked for my employees. Seems pretty simple right?

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. IFTTT integration

It would be nice if you could add your app as a channel on ifttt.com. That way I could add tasks to T Sheets when i add them to Toodledo, integrate T Sheets with my Google docs, etc.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Ability to enter hours worked from what time to what time no just quantity of hours in manual entry.

I found out that I have to show that my guys took lunch breaks. Right now they enter in their hours at the end of the day in manual mode. This only lets them show how many hours they worked. Not what time they started and stopped.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Track Time › Manual Time Card  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Feedback and Knowledge Base