Suggest an Idea

How can we improve TSheets?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Photo attached to employee profile

We have many seasonal employees, and it can be difficult to keep track of who is who, especially early in the season. The ability to see a picture of each employee next to their profile would help us greatly!

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Manage › Employees/Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show Days Off in Schedule (Vacation, Sick Days, etc.)

It would be great if you could add a setting for days off so we could just check those days when we want to use them. For example, I have sick days, vacation days, and mental health days, so it would be great to just be able for me and the company to be able to select those days whenever we decide to use them, and be able to keep up with how many days we have left

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  2 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enhanced PTO Approval & Reporting Process

Currently, the approval for PTO utilizing tSheets is limited to the manager seeing it on the time sheet during the current pay period. The ability for managers to be notified in advance of employees desire to take PTO and the ability to see a summary of all employees pending PTO in the future is extremely important in the decision making process so as to ensure ample staffing is available. One suggestion would be that upon an employee submitting PTO hours in the PTO module, the save button could be replaced with a send request. This request would then go to…

295 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  58 comments  ·  Manage › Employees/Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Job Code Search

For managing job codes, you should develop filters to help search for a job. If there was a drop box for different jobs assigned to different departments, that would be great. For example, I want to search the jobs assigned to "construction", I would like to be able to just click something and have all jobs assigned to construction showing!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  1 comment  ·  Manage › Jobs/Customers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 79 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Mobile Apps in Spanish

We would love the mobile app to have prompts in Spanish. The app is very intuitive but it would be great to have the option to display in Spanish.

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Mobile Apps (Android/iOS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Everyone should have a tool that speaks their language. And now, TSheets is closer than ever to achieving that goal. Whether your team is bilingual or Spanish-speaking only, everyone will be able to track time in the language they prefer.

The TSheets Spanish translation will be ready for Android users soon and will be available for iPhone users shortly thereafter. Since you or someone from your team requested this feature, you’re the first to hear this exciting announcement.

Keep an eye out for TSheets in Spanish!

Love,

The TSheets Team

Have questions? Our amazing customer service team is here for you: https://www.tsheets.com/contact-tsheets

7. Separate PTO and NON-PTO

Allow managers/employees to submit non-PTO that is separately totaled from PTO. Company policy states that we payout PTO for any missed time if the employee has the PTO available, unless they explicitly tell us not to. Right now, we have no easy way to track that.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  3 comments  ·  Manage › Paid Time Off (PTO)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Project Labor Costs

We would like to be able to track labor costs by job code.

This should be fairly easy to code, as it would just involve importing an employee's wage and performing a simple calculation.

Our dream is to be able to access this information (project costs per day, per week, to-date, from start to completion, etc.) with a single push of a button.

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  14 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allocate a number of hours to a job / Job Costing

Set up hourly allowances for certain job codes or tasks. This would allow us to keep an eye on how far along on a job we are, and receive alerts when we're halfway, 3/4ths, etc. This would also let you run a report for the number of budgeted hours versus the total actual hours worked. Set a billable rate on the job code so that we can run a report to see the total cost of doing a job for somebody.

369 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

129 comments  ·  Manage › Jobs/Customers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Geofencing: Auto clock in/out based on location

Abiltiy to use GPS data to clock an individual in or out. Give them an alert when they are about to be adjusted so that they can manually override it if necessary, but generally speaking, let the app do all of the work for you. Also, associate a specific location with a specific job code.

293 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

53 comments  ·  Location/GPS Tracking  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Greetings!

My name is Nate McIntyre and I am a Product Owner here at TSheets.

After lots of research and investigation the development team here at TSheets has begun work on our own unique take on geofencing enabled location aware time tracking.

Ultimately our desire is to make sure that our solution provides you, the customer, a solution that solves your day to day time tracking pains. To help us with this I welcome you to share your thoughts/input/feedback as it relates to geofences and location based time tracking in email to nate@tsheets.com (or simply reply to this email). Those who respond may be contacted in the future to provide additional insights and thoughts as well as be considered as beta candidates once our team is ready to start testing our solution.

Thank you for your continued support of TSheets and I look forward to hearing from you!

- Nate…

11. Allow employees to request a time change instead of letting them just change it!

Our previous software had a feature that allowed employees to be able to request a clock-in or clock-out change and a field to put in a note as to WHY. I don't like this software allowing them to change themselves; it's all or nothing with tsheets.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  2 comments  ·  Manage › Timesheets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Better Instructions For The "+" and "-" on Payroll Reports

Seriously, there should be an instruction on the screen that tells the user to click on the "+" next to the employees name to actually see the timesheet under Payroll Reports. You only have a download and a print button. New users may not remember that - and in order to see any timesheet info you HAVE to click on the ""+" button. Because I didn't remember (in trial period) I had to call support..a waste of my and their time if you have a little blurb stating "click to see timecard". Also, unless I am wrong, if you don't…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Started  ·  Elise responded

Currently we are working on rebuilding the user interface for TSheets and part of this build will be a re-model of the reports. Looking forward to having a more user friendly UI :)

13. Marking time off without using PTO (either being out of hours or by choice)

To avoid any potential issues with disputes over pay, it would be helpful to somehow note that an employee was out for the day but opted not to use any PTO hours - either choosing not to use them or having none to use. At this point, it can be easy for someone to say - oh I was there that day, I just forgot to enter my time or some such nonsense.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  2 comments  ·  Manage › Paid Time Off (PTO)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. A Daily Report Option that would display all Overtime Hours for the day

Currently, calculating overtime hours is only available when doing weekly reports. It would be great if, when running a daily report, you can also calculate Overtime hours, since that column does show up in the report, but is left blank.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Feedback and Knowledge Base