How can we improve TSheets?

TSheets for "multi-tasking" environment

TSheets is light years beyond the QuickBooks built-in time tracking feature in most respects. However, one feature of the latter that would be great to see added to TSheets would be the ability to resume the timer on a task paused earlier in the day, rather than creating a new entry each time. In other words, if an employee works on 4 different tasks on a given day, but is repeatedly switching between those 4 tasks, it would be nice to just have 4 TSheets entries for that employee's day, rather than 20.

58 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Doug shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • LEE-337 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too would like to "Resume" an entry, while attending to something else, and then come back to continue the original...I think an initial Clock In to create the timesheet entry, a Clock Out (when leaving it), and a Resume option (from the TimeSheets list) would suffice for my needs as a consultant on multiple tasks in a day. I had considered a "Pause" request, maybe in conjunction with the "Switch" already there....but am pretty sure I'd end up at some point forgetting to "un-Pause" or ClockOut, the orginal....so a ClockOut is ok, if I could then select and Resume.

1) if the "Resume" occurs on the same calendar day, add to the accumulated time
    2) if the "Resume" occurs on a different calendar day in the same [defined] pay-period, pre-pend a date stamp and then allow copying of the original notes (Yes/No = "Copy previous notes?")

(in both cases, the Client, Billable status, and Service item remain the same ....since I don't use Location, I don't have any thoughts on that)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is TSHEETS considering this idea at all? I use Spring Ahead but would love to switch to TSHEETS. Spring Ahead has had the multi-task feature since I started using it and I use the option daily. If TSHEETS is not considering please post so I can skip and go back to Spring Ahead.

• N commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a very important feature that would make life much easier. Perhaps allowing one see prior tasks and resume them would be nice. Harvest has a feature like this for the mobile app which is pretty useful. Would love if T-sheets had it too!

• Chris Yerke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wholeheartedly agree. Since I bill time and materials, the client receives an invoice showing all the time entries. Having multiple line items per day for the same job, instead of a single line item, id confusing for both us and the client.

• Gregg Sales commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a very important 'missing' feature for my company. We just moved over from Harvest for Quickbooks integration. We like TSheets a lot but this one missing feature is very frustrating.

• Stephen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I heartily support this item. I think that this still works nicely with the Tsheets way of showing clock in and clock out times for a time item, there would just need to be the database relationship that allowed for multiple pairs of in/out times for a given time sheet, and the durations would be summed. The edit forms for timesheets would also need to support editing multiple individual clockin/out times as well.

Feedback and Knowledge Base