How can we improve TSheets?

Pause button on the time clock (not a break)

If you need the ability to pause the time clock, try our manual breaks feature:
http://help.tsheets.com/knowledgebase/articles/796938-how-to-create-and-manage-breaks

If manual breaks don't meet your needs, vote on this feature and comment on how you would like it to work.

35 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

22 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with Josh Kyzer, switching back and forth between clients and being able to "restart" your last time entry as opposed to create a new one, essentially "pausing" is an essential feature that would increase the value of this product significantly.

I agree that a pause feature that allows you to go to another job would be very beneficial, especially if these pauses then create a single entry for job and description.

• AdminJosh Kyzer (Admin, TSheets.com) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

dsellmeyer@romero-group.com The ability to pause and resume timesheets would like the ability to clock into a client, work on them for a little bit, click on another client (essentially clocking into the second client) but instead of this clocking them out of the first client it would just pause, so that when they are ready to work on them again - they can resume the timesheet. Pain Point - Not having this feature means that every time they are switching tasks (which could be every 3,6,10 minutes) a new timesheet is generated and is creating a huge amount of data that then is subject to editing and auditing by the admin/management team.

Agreed... this is needed.
    I have an Accountant Pro account and want to move two of my clients on to the platform, but we need a pause button. Staff shouldn't have to have breaks scheduled for them.

Please add a pause button, it is critical when working on multiple clients and tasks throughout the day. Having to use a separate app for timer function defeats the purpose.

• Svetlana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't understand how this doesn't have higher rating / votes - this is a MUST. I am looking into alternative to TSheets because of this :(

• Elizabeth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I keep hearing great things about Tsheets, but after two days I am ready to go back to my old system. Starting the 14th time card for the same customer on the same day is very aggravating. Would definitely recommend Tsheets to all of my QuickBooks clients if this feature was added.

• SBuffrey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also love to see a pause button - either for breaks or to swap between clients to answer a quick query or similar.

I make manual notes of time deductions for breaks & then amend my finish time - which somewhat defeats the object of an online system, so that I do not have duplicate / split my notes.

• JLandfield commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is not a reason to stop using TSheets. At the end of the day I just go to my time entries, manual time card, and add the similar entries together. The descriptions do carryover after a break and can be edited in the time entries, manual time cards, screen. I often have 30 or more entries to combine and it doesn't take much longer than 5 or 10 minutes per week.

The problem comes in when people forget to do this combining act. It would also save some time if the combining did not have to be done, at all.

Right now I am doing an administrative service item for my firm. It would be nice to click one button and go back to the client, Canoe Cruisers Association, and continue reviewing their general ledger. Because I only need to know how much total time I spend on this task today and not the specific hours I worked on the task.

There are other times when I need to know the specific hours I was working.

• James Hammond commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with many of the commenters below - this feature is one of the major limitations for consultants and other professionals who work/bill in a similar way.

Currently the only option is to use the break function and then manually enter time. This breaks up time entries, causes notes to re-set and creates a risk staff will forget to manually add time attributed to the client who called you while you were clocked in on another task.

This is an absolute must to retain and attract consulting firms.

• will commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the one thing that will keep my CPA firm from using T Sheets. If we get a call or email from one client, we MUST have the ability to pause the current client, work on the interruption while clocked into a different client, and then unpause the original client when the interruption is over. Right now we have to switch clients and then switch back. the issue with that is the notes do not carry forward so we have to rewrite the notes which is a waste of time. We currently use a workaround for interruptions and have to go back in and manually change all of the time entries. If we can find a solution that easily allows us to pause one project to go to a different project and then go back to the original, we will be switching to that solution.

• chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes, please. would make tsheets so much better and easier to use for all the reasons mentioned below.

• Dave Weiss commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to be able to pause the timeclock for client you are currently working on, for example lunch break, and start timer again when you return.

• Chris Yerke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The breaks button is no substitute for a pause button. The breaks button assumes that you stop working on one job abd then come back to that same job. And even so, it creates three, line item timesheets: one for when you started, one for the break and one for the time after the break. For those of us who work throughout the day on multiple jobs, the ability to pause one job, while switching to another is invaluable. I may bounce multiple time per day, between project management tasks for 5 or six clients. A stack of line item time entries is just clutter. To be able to have the app keep a cumulative, running total for each client that ends as one line item time sheet per day, per client is what is desired. I have 8 employees and we all do this. It is a headache for both admin, and the employees to have so many separate line items generated. I am trying Tsheets, and there are many good things about the app, but I may begin searching for another app, as it seems not quite fully fledged.

A pause button should allow to pause a project to take a phone call not related to that job or even pause when you step away to take care of other non-related office admin time. Unpause to continue without having to restart time from 0.

My wife and I are self employed and we need to have a pause button. We have multiple clients and we need to pause our timer and come back to it whenever we have to and continue where we left off.

• Nate commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pause is a must for all the consultant use-cases. And it must be implemented on the mobile app or don't bother.

• robin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh yes, please, a true pause button where, where you can switch tasks briefly and quickly would be a godsend!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base