How can we improve TSheets?

Allow multiple items to be selected from the Custom Fields

Allow multiple selections from a Custom Field list. Employees can select a couple different items from Custom Fields when clocking in instead of just one item from one list.

11 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Kimberly shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Alexandra Courtemanche commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. We are a commercial construction company that has multiple jobs running with many employees. My employees perform multiple tasks a day. I need for them to be able to click each of the items they did that day.

• Holly Hansen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need to be able to select multiple tasks for my project reports in addition to selecting all or selecting only one.

• Carlos Perez-Navarro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

we use a custom field to represent customer organizations. sometimes the work done for them is shared with other organization's needs or is even part of a project shared by multiple endpoints. Being able to multi-select from a dropdown (using ctrl) would solve this issue for us. Bonus points if we can break up the time/effort amongst the entities... example, If i work 1 hour on something for 4 organizations, reports should not show 1 hour each, but instead 1 hour divided by the amount of currently selected entities (4) so it assigns 1/4 of an hour to each when its time for reports.

• Mike Arnold commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. If these could be stored in the field and from an API standpoint, have a delimiter, it would be very useful.

Use case: in the construction industry, multiple pieces of heavy equipment or vehicles are often used during a shift, and are costed against the job. These are logged on our traditional timesheets at the end of the week, and uploaded into the ERP. Information would be more accurate if the data was captured in TSheets on the day of use.

Feedback and Knowledge Base