How can we improve TSheets?

Adaptive Breaks that transition from Paid to Unpaid after set period of time

I need a way for breaks to cut off at paid ending intervals. I pay my employees for a 30 minute Lunch Break but often times they take a longer lunch so I don't have the auto-end feature turned on, however the time keeps tracking to paid when it should be instead an unpaid over break.

For Example if they have a paid 30 minute lunch break and took 45 minutes before clicking end break, the system would automatically switch the break from paid to unpaid at the 30 minute mark. That way they can still end when the break is over, but I am not paying them for more then the 30 minutes I want to.

14 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Riley shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Chris B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the US, the Fair Labor Standard Act (https://www.dol.gov/general/topic/workhours/breaks) actually requires that rest periods less than 20 minutes be compensible. Our payroll department is continually having to run reports on breaks and see if any break was less than 20 minutes and delete it. TSheets should be able to automatically do this.

• Laurie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need to setup breaks so that if they are less than 20 minutes, they are paid, and unpaid if over 20 but we don't always know ahead of time which it will be.

Feedback and Knowledge Base