How can we improve TSheets?

Group time entries into single billable expenses/unbilled time entries by customer or job when importing into QBO

We do a lot of toggling back and forth between different clients on a given day - lots of very small time entries. We want to collect that data in TSheets, but when we actually invoice our clients, we would prefer that they be grouped by service item into one total for a given time period (a month in this case). With the current import set up, the only way we can use the billable expenses/unbilled time feature is to produce invoices with line items for each time entry. This results in VERY long invoices with far too much detail. Instead, we have to never import time into QBO, and just run reports out of TSheets to total the billable time by customer and service item and then create invoices by hand. This product would be FAR more valuable if we could set preferences to aggregate data before importing to QBO.

15 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Andi Shively shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Kate Nagel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES!!! But I would like to add that I would like it to combine data according to job code per client per day. I bill my clients for each day that I work, but I also have several different billing levels depending on the service. I would like to combine all the times per client per service per day.

• Daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If an employee is working on a project and they take a lunch and come back to the same project, it results in multiple entries being sent to quickbooks.

Is it possible to have TSheets send the total time per customer/job per day rather than sending double the lines to QB??

• Dfarinas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When importing the approved timesheet into QuickBooks nothing is grouped. For example, if Joe clocked into Job 123 for 3 hours then clocked into job 456 for 2 hours, and then back to job 123 for another 3 hours, it will now read JOB 123 then job 456 and job 123 again, with the allotted hours for that day. It would be fantastic if it would group it together like it does in the managed time sheet ...

Feedback and Knowledge Base