How can we improve TSheets?

Split a time sheet for job costing

I was looking for something that could help me split a period of time a staff member might be punched in for.

We use the switch feature for jobs as it helps us with job costing. But sometimes the production team members forget to use the feature.

So if Joe is punched in from 12:00 – 4:30 and it is on the Smith job the whole afternoon, but he was really at Smith for 2 hours and then he went to the Jones job for 2:30 the only way I can figure to fix this is to change the out punch to 2:00 and then enter a new punch for 2:01-4:30 for the Jones job.

I wasn’t sure if there could be a way to insert a punch to break the period of time and split the 2 jobs out (or sometimes more) so the time could be job costed accurately

6 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jason Preuss shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to motion for a feature like this as well. Often we are finding it would be idea to split one or more time sheets into multiple for different jobs either because the person forgot or it was easier to just remain clocked in and then worry about making adjustments after the fact.

• Kim F commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Simply allowing me to split a long time into two by specifying the split time will allow me to quickly separate out times I forgot to clock out/in on. Once split, I can change the job myself. Having to change the clock out time then manually add a new start/stop time is awkward and frustrating.

Feedback and Knowledge Base