How can we improve TSheets?

Include mandatory breaks as part of the stream of billable time for the current client/job the employee is working on.

Showing compliance with labor law is one objective of using an app like this. Another is billing time to clients. At moments, those two things are at odds with each other.

Mandatory, paid rest breaks are part of the billable time stream. I do not extract that time from what I bill my clients, as it is just part of the cost of having us do the work. As the app presently works, breaks are shown as a separate line item, both in the timesheets list and in Quickbooks after export. This line item is not assigned to any job/client. The break time should be recorded, for administrative purposes as having been taken, but time itself should just be a part of their shift that gets billed to the client. I realize that that is doing two things at once...

First off, no one wants to show a client a separate line item calling attention to the fact that they are paying for break time. Having to manually edit two breaks per day per employee to delete the break time line item and add that time to the job they were working on defeats the purpose of using the app to streamline tracking time. The idea is to avoid editing and data entry as much as possible.

Unpaid lunch breaks are not an issue, as those are not billable to a client. However, being able to confirm that employees take breaks, and yet have the paid break time simply be included in the total time of their shift for billing purposes, with no separate line item for the break would be a big plus.

3 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Chris Yerke shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)