How can we improve TSheets?

Assign custom fields to employees

Need a way to assign certain custom fields to specific employees.

12 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AdminUhl Albert (Intuit) (Product Designer, TSheets.com) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • russell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need the ability to select which employees need to answer the advanced tracking questions. For our purposes, we only really need the foremen to answer most of these. It would be really nice if you could select question by question who needs to answer. We need all employees to track the work order number, class/customer, and service item, but all the other questions such as weather, temperature, job issues, etc should only be required by the foremen to answer. This becomes a hassle when not everyone on the crew starts and finishes at the same time. So, if one or more roofers leave at different times, the foremen is forced to answer all the questions each time which can be annoying and I would have to agree with that comment. Also, most if not all of the advanced tracking fields are irrelevant for employees such as admin or drafting people who are in the office and just answer with N/A for the ones that relate to field employees.

Solution: Add the ability under Advanced Tracking and for each field the option/ability to select all employees or pick and choose just like there is under reporting.

• russell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree, should have the ability to pick and choose who has to view or respond to advanced tracking fields.

• Jon Soliday commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree. We have specific employees that need to enter specific information which most employees don't. I would like greater flexibility in assigning custom fields (i.e., not global, required only by those assigned).

Feedback and Knowledge Base