How can we improve TSheets?

ability to track time as Non billable

As the business owner I want to track my time for things that are not billable to any particular customer. Working on administrative items, etc. I still want to track my time but do not want to select a customer....

10 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Nicole Fisher shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • JF commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Related post (I didn't see this one), with a description of the categories of billable and non-billable work that I would like to easily capture: https://feedback.tsheets.com/forums/170512-suggest-an-idea/suggestions/31794178-easy-way-to-handle-billable-and-non-billable-work

I've tried using special "Breaks" for non-billable work, but it isn't very satisfying. I can see my billable hours easily, but I can't group by client/job as easily. I'd really like to have "billable" and "non-billable" check boxes on my custom tasks and activities. Optionally with an input field for non-default billing rate for that task or activity.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have this problem too. Tracking non-billable hours. Is this possible? I have many projects that are Flat fee but I want to know how much non-billable time is spent on a per customer basis by each employee.

• Jen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We created several customer jobs labeled as...
    _Vehicle Time (we use when doing oil changes, car washes or dropping off cars to be repaired)
    _Office/ Paperwork / Invoicing
    _Shop time (when the guys are cleaning and stocking the shop or the vans for general use)
    That we use on a regular basis and it always classified as non-billable when we use it.

• Larry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see a use for billable vs non-billable. There are times that admin/support hours need to be charged to a job to track internal hours that we cannot charge the customer. It would be good to track this to improve our future job bidding.

• LEE-337 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

why don't you just create a "customer" of "_AdminTime" (the underscore will make it sort to the top of the list), and then clock in non-billable on that customer?

Feedback and Knowledge Base