How can we improve TSheets?

Time period-based jobs/customers (for example, 1 year contracts)

Our Jobs are Contracts that are issued as a One Year Base Period with up to Four 1-Year Option Periods. We need to be able to track time, by labor category by either the Base or Option Period, depending on when the contract was awarded.

For example, if the contract was awarded June 1, 2016 with a Base Period of June 1, 2016 to May 31, 2017 and two 1-Year options we would have three job codes. I need to be able to prevent the employee from charging their time to the wrong job code depending on which year we are in. So, if today is August 16, 2017, in this example, the Job Code would be Option One (June 1, 2017 to May 31, 2018). Right now, I cannot prevent an employee from entering their time in the wrong charge code/job since I cannot make a job code inactive, and cannot define a period of performance for it.

Thus, while I can define Jobs with Parent and Child relationships. TSheets will not support defining why one Job would be used versus another based on an annual Period of Performance.

4 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Mark B. shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)