How can we improve TSheets?

Default billable and service item

Set a default billable option and service item for tasks.

154 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Victoria shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

74 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ed Jaworski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there a way to allocate more than one vote for this functionality? In some systems, you have 100 votes (or some number). You can allocate one vote for 100 features or 100 votes for one important feature. I'd like to allocate many votes for this request, it would be such a time saver.

• PG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Vicotria posted this 7 years(!!!) ago and the Product Team said the Grean Light was given three years later(!!!), that was four years ago(!!!!). This is ridiculous.

Product team, how large is your backlog? Seems like this one should be a priority.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes!! Please add a default service option. I actually amazed that that wasn't included in the very beginning. Most people do the same job everyday...why force them to enter something that can be automated?

• Phill Roberts commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been a subscriber and lover of TSHEETS for a few years now and this is one of the first features I noticed missing. I submitted my feature request back then and have seen no movement on it as of today (5/7/2018).

I've seen quite a few other updates over the years but NONE of those updates are anywhere near as valuable to me as THIS request. Allow me to reiterating that I STILL would like to have a default billable option and service item.

I still love you TSHEETS...but this has been on the books way too long. Is it technically that difficult to achieve? At least give us some feedback please.

• Brian Larson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's been a few years on this one it looks like. Still plans for this? Would save quite a few clicks every day. Thanks!

Please can we have the BILLABLE option (when included in a time entry) be DEFAULTED to YES - this means techs onsite dont have to worry about selecting YES it will always be YES.

i know you can select/set a class and service item by customer - it would be nice if there was only one option for it to auto-fill.... (quickbooks synch)

• Shaun Lawrence commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yep would be nice to have some defaults on the time sheets for customers, which in QB online customers is used for jobs etc

• Henry Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also really hoping to see this implemented. We have both billable and non-billable customers, and it would be nice (as in it would alleviate a lot of employee frustration with TSheets) for the selection of billable vs non-billable to be selected by default based on the customer. Similarly, we need a Service Item for our billable customers, and a default option for that would be quite welcome as well.

• Denny Croughwell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What ever happened with this? Did it just fall off the face of the earth?

Really need to make all fields have a default capability.

• Naomi101 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is this ever going to happen? Manually correcting this every time when employees forget to click it is making TSheets really not that attractive. Massive waste of time for a function so simple.

• GoldenSCI commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree I would love to see the option as well! All our employees time is billable so an automatic assign to yes would be great!
    Also it would be great if I could assign each employee their class code as well not for them to have to choose we are a fast pace company - last thing everyone wants to do is figure out what to click! Just click the job and done!

• Bob M. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there an ETA on this? Looks like it's been in the mix for - what - almost four years now? And greenlit for 10 months.

• Petra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Whatever task, and billable or not, one chooses for a client should stay the same each time you click on the client until you chose differently. This would keep the employees sooooo happy.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base