How can we improve TSheets?

Allocate a number of hours to a job / Job Costing

Set up hourly allowances for certain job codes or tasks. This would allow us to keep an eye on how far along on a job we are, and receive alerts when we're halfway, 3/4ths, etc. This would also let you run a report for the number of budgeted hours versus the total actual hours worked. Set a billable rate on the job code so that we can run a report to see the total cost of doing a job for somebody.

369 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Victoria shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

129 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • RK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to be able to set a recurring weekly/monthly budget by project or activity as well. Also be able to define budget by Dollars or Hours.

• AdminJosh Kyzer (Admin, TSheets.com) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Justin from ussvision would like to have a section where he can input a set number of hours that they want to dedicate toward a job. And then as emplyees work and fill out time cards, those hours are subtracted off of the allocated amount, so we can see hour many hours are left in a job. Email is jweber@ussvision.com

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. We really need this feature. All I want is the ability to add expected manhours and later pull up a table for actual hours vs. budgeted. It does not need to be more complicated than that.

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It seems like TSheets is advertising a job costing feature: https://www.tsheets.com/time-tracking-for-job-costing

"Get the answers to your most critical questions
    Are your projects staying on budget?"

In reality do they actually not have the ability to set budget and see hours/costs vs budget? It seems bold to advertise this if they truly don't have the ability to see cost vs budget. I'd love documentation or a guide to the advertised job costing feature.

• Jenn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey admin crew, it's been 3 months of consideration........ have you decided if you're going to implement?????

• Jeremy Child commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would love this for the different rates that we charge our housekeeping customers. Weekly customers get a better rate than monthly customers and it would be very helpful to have this feature. Thanks!

• Mary Brasher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we get an update regarding release date of this functionality? I am also getting ready to switch platforms due to this missing link that is affecting our operations side of business. Field supervisors need this info in their app realtime in order to make decisions - not in spreadsheets!

• Jean Lambert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In our consulting business, employees have different hourly rates billed, and these rates can also vary per project. The project configuration sheets should allow to assign employees to projects, and this is where their billing rates would also be entered. Then "George" could be billed at say $100/hr for a smaller client, and $90/hr for a key client that has negotiated a discount (due to volume for example).

The project sheets should also allow to include a PO# or Client reference number, and total contract value.

The invoice should then show Total $ Billed To Date vs. PO or Contract Amount.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think we may check out CHRONOTEK as a trial run. Disappointed in job costing as well, takes me forever, spreadsheets, etc.

• KEN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would love to have this feature with your system...check out CHRONOTEK's budgeting feature, awesome layout and function

• Robert Bowman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would absolutely love to see this feature in an upcoming release. We need to provide insight into the budget allocation as well, and being able to see when we're hitting project budgets would be very helpful!

• Lorinda Hill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I recently went over the allotted budget for a client on a particular project. His budget was at $3,000, but because I had no Idea of how to track this other than look at past time sheets and add them up, and because I was sssooo task oriented and slammed because of scope creep, I didn't figure it out until it was 4 am. So I have to send an email at 4:01 am to my client letting him know I'm over budget. NOT COOL! I need tools! BTW, that client got me to use Tsheets. He will know that I can't track hours on a particular job now. I would like it to do more than have me run a report. I would like to set it up so I can know when I'm at 75%, 85%, etc. I will be notified, an alarm in T-sheets, not an email, another thing that I am ignoring when I am under pressure to complete a job.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base