How can we improve TSheets?

Show Custom Fields for each row in the Manual Time Card

Add columns for service item, class, etc. in the Manual Time Card so you can specify it for the whole row.

121 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Victoria shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Gathering Feedback  ·  Elise responded  · 

This feature would include the addition of any item from QuickBooks (service items, class. . etc.) This feature has been re-opened due to demand, so if you would like to see this feature added, make sure you vote and comment about what you would like to see :)

29 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We must be able to add a user choice of columns to timesheet fields. We also must be able to report on them and integrate them with QuickBooks.

• Adam Wallen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Alternative for me is to have the Service Item pull-down autofit to contents or resizable. Needed to easily confirm that a particular entry is applied to the correct Service Item.

It would be great if the classes that companies import from quickbooks into tsheets, had the current tsheets customer functionality. Not having to click a cell to select a class for example, instead being able to click "No customer/class." Also making sure to be able to assign classes to employees. We have a large amount of classes but prefer employees only track time to a portion of those classes.

This sounds like what I'd be looking for. On the Manual Time Card, I want each row to be Class, rather than Customer.

• AS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, my employees are complaining about having to repetitively click service items. Please add this feature.

Customizing the fields is really necessary, especially for integration. I can do this with other web based time programs, but their other complexities & cost aren't needed by many of my clients. Many QuickBooks users use only one of jobs, service items or classes. My non profits use classes only and they need to be able to break their payroll down by classes only.

Right now the only way to do this with tsheets doesn't give the employees the ability to easily see their time card totalled by class...it's only by 'project'. So, for now, they are using tsheets but chose not to use the sync with QuickBooks, which would really be a timesaver for them. They can run pretty good reports from tsheets for assistance, but still need to go in and edit paychecks manually to distribute them by classes in quickbooks.

• Vicki commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently when entering a Manual Time Card you need to select the Class and service item for each individual day when working on the same Customer/Job. It would be good to only have to select once for the week.

• Stephen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please let me customize the timesheets like this! Timesheet entry is the core of this product.

• Mike Byers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In manual time sheet, one thing that would really help would be having each row a service item/task. You select the job in one column, then select the service item in the next then the hours that week you did such task. There is often many instances where we would be working on many service items/task for a single job in a day. Using the example below, having each row a service item would be easier to visualize the timesheet and the work that was done.

Job Service item Su M T W Th F S
    15-001 Field Work 8
    15-001 Report generation 8 4
    15-001 Project Management 1 2
    15-002 Project Management 2

Totals 0 9 8 8 0 0

The above is a lot easier to read than having to manually click in the time cell to see what the service item is or when you have more than one service item in a day for a job.

Job Su M T W Th F S
    15-001 9 8 6
    15-002 2

Totals 0 9 8 8 0 0 0

Technically, the 2 time sheets are the same but the first one is much easier to read on screen when flipping through numerous time sheets.

• Barbara Kuntz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! So frustrating that our users must enter in the custom code for each field. It only makes sense that the custom codes across the row remain the same. When a new custom field is used, it is entered on the next line. Please bring this functionality to Tsheets!

• Betsy Bellerive commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Knowing the service items my workers are on is the most valuable and commonly mis-keyed thing I am constantly correcting at the admin level. Improving the viewing AND editing of the service items would be huge for me!!!!

• JennyP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannot say it any better than those before me. It would be very helpful to have the ability to view only the columns we choose, then at a glance see not only who is working and where, but on what, in addition to the notes. Thank you for revisiting this feature request!

• AdminVictoria (Customer Experience Manager, TSheets.com) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Here's some great feedback from a merged idea:

On the [Manage Timesheets] view, there NO way to display the custom Quickbooks [Service Item] or any other custom field. I would like to see it on the main screen and not have to click on the [Edit timesheet] icon. The feature is important as it impacts admin productivity.

• AdminVictoria (Customer Experience Manager, TSheets.com) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Here's some great feedback from a merged idea:

Allow the custom field (in my case a Quickbooks Class) to be applied to the entire row. The data entry becomes burdensome for employees when they work on several jobs in one day and have to select the same Class for the job they are doing. The class won't change for our jobs.

For example:
    You click the customer name and then click the class for that customer before entering time on that line.

• Betsy Bellerive commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Knowing which service items my techs have clocked into on the manage time sheet page will save me a step from opening up each entry one by one!!! I do this daily to verify they are coding their timing correctly.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base