How can we improve TSheets?

Allow custom reporting

Currently, when I create a report based upon time, I get a pie chart and some filters, plus the option of downloading a .csv file.

I would like to have the ability to choose which columns are included in the .CSV file and save that as a custom report type.

Each month I download the .CSV file, edit out some of the columns that I do not want to include, total the hours and send to my customers along with an invoice.

It would be great to eliminate some of that busy work by saving a report type.

219 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

David Killingsworth shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

26 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Caroline Kimbles commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe this idea was shared in 2012 and here it is 2019, and it still hasn't come to life. Very disappointing.

• Gwen Larrett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Custom project reports is a definite requirement for my business. I need a report that shows all time and notes for a specific customer/job for a time period for billing purposes. It would be nice to be able to generate the report without having to download to Excel. When looking at the pie charts, it would be nice to click on a slice to see the detail.

• Leah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If we could create a Custom Report, generating a MCPAP report (for UI) would be a lot easier. Especially if we could move it to an Excel Spreadsheet.

• LuckyDigger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Custom Report would help with our insurance rate tracking! For example, We do multiple services in our line of work - Excavation, concrete, concrete flat work, grading ex. Our insurance charges each service at a different payroll rate. I need to be able to pull how many Reg. hours in that service item per employee and how many OT hours for that service item. in any given date range. This is also crucial for figuring work comp reports as well.

• Michele commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need to be able to remove some of the columns on the project report.

• Jane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We also recently changed from a manual timesheet which shows the work completed per staff member per day. struggling with reporting. I can run the project report fine through t sheets but unable to print it. instead have to export to csv & spend a lot of time customising & making it look presentable. cant be that hard to add a printing function to the project reporting - view timesheet area. Please fast track the upgrade to reporting capabilities, or you will find many customers including myself changing programs.

• Chalyce Wilde commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The current reporting capabilities is one of my biggest frustrations with T-Sheets. As fond as I am of what they can do, I am shocked at what they can't do...and that is produce decently formatted reports with a myriad of filter options. I'm constantly having to run the Excel versions, which are fine when manipulating data, but is requires a lot of formatting to reduce excess clutter. I also have yet to find a report that is dedicated to seeing all of your notes at one. Also, pie charts are fun at-a-glance, but not very useful when they do not let you drill down to the details. Having used similar programs (Exaktime, Busy Busy, Clock Shark, Computer Ease Mobile, Foundation Mobile) it is frustrating to have such limited filtering and formatting abilities from such a great program.

• Barb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would love a report that shows revenue earned for those of us that bill for time.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please allow custom reports! We need one report that shows a summary grouped by employee of hours by each service item, as well as total hours and OT hours. Right now I have to run two reports and combine them. I'd like to be able to create my own custom reports and pick the columns we want. This feature is available in other timesheet software we looked at.

• Alison Burgess commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree - I have recently moved to Tsheets and this it is a great program except the reporting feature is in need of big improvements. I mostly want to be able see a report of unbilled time & $$, by customer so I can determine who needs to be billed each billing period. All the information is in Tsheets and I ideally want to just select that report but happy to save a customised one - pie charts are useless to me.

• Tech Dudes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is much needed!

Customizable printing and or exporting of the timecard data with "group by" options etc...

• ann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We recently converted from paper timesheets to TSheets, however, there is not a printable timesheet that is equivalent. That would be great to include all custom fields and an employee/manager signature in a easily readable print version.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be great. It would also be great to automatically generate chosen reports to be sent to chosen users at selected time periods (weekly, monthly, etc.)

• Sylvia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE allow custom reporting! I sometimes need simple reports that summarize the time my employees spend on each client and I can get a lot of detail (graphs, overtime, timesheet detail, etc.) but all I need is a simple summary of Hours by Employee. I can get the information and export to Excel, but then I have to spend more time formatting the excel spreadsheet. Better, more customizable and user-friendly reporting would be extremely helpful!

• Dwayne Bishop commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Love the pie charts, but need more. The Tracking reports are good but only Admins can create them. Pivot tables can make any report I want out of the time card csv, but I have to create the pivot table every single time. (wait, maybe that isn't true, hmmm) Would be nice to create a canned report style and give my employees the ability to generate it with a single click.

• Kopsinfo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At the very least.... add additional filters like by customer, job and/or item

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base