How can we improve TSheets?

Expense and mileage tracking and reporting

Ability to track expenses, like mileage, as well as run a report for them. It would be great to have expense reporting and an expense reporting submittal application. Something simple that asks for the date and the name along with a description of the expense. A drop down menu of expense options would be great too. It would be awesome if this could also be exported into QuickBooks. The expense report should also allow you to run a report for the cost of a job code taking into account the wage of the employee and the expenses recorded for that job code.

473 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Victoria shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
AdminProduct Team (Product Owner, TSheets.com) responded  · 

Thanks for all of the voting and comments! This one is still being looked at by the development team for initial scoping, but no final decisions on timelines or feature details have been made just yet. Thank you so much for being patient while we continue to explore this possibility!

111 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Matt Robbins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with all the other comments below. It is unacceptable that this is not part of the program. As a programmer, the amount of time to add this is minimal - less than 40 hours if you were taking your sweet time.

This yet another example of QuickBooks trying to exhort more money out of people by having them purchase addition apps (like TSheets) when they should have it added already. I moved from Desktop 2018 Pro, which had this already integrated, to QBO just to find out I am getting screwed. If changes are not seen soon, there will be a shift from QBO to FreshBooks or one of many other programs that work as intended and whom the company actually listens to the PAYING customers requests.

• Andrew D commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

TSheets, Please create an example of setting up Advanced Tracking for Mileage using U.S. standards of what needs to be recorded and kept for tax purposes. The minimum being:

1 Date of Trip - Time Clock Data
    2 Start Odometer - EMPLOYEE ENTRY
    3 Start Location - Default Data or variable/editable
    4 Ending Location – Customer Data or variable/editable
    5 End Odometer - EMPLOYEE ENTRY
    6 TOTAL MILEAGE – Calculated by TSheets

I suppose the total mileage I can calculate, but it would be super helpful to show an example as how to set this up efficiently and how to export that data separately when tax time come.

• Pratik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is it possible to consolidate my project expenses and spends with receipts in the invoice?

Currently, I have to track my expenses in another app and create an expense report and then download the PDF report for timesheets. Then attach both the reports to a mail and send it out with a custom invoice that I need to build manually - This is hectic and often leads to leakages and a lot of to and fro with the client.

How are people currently doing this?

• Christopher Grace commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would leave this one to a dedicated app. There is just so much to it. I am looking for a solution that will integrate with my calendar, my phone's gps, my car's data port, my contact list and more. I want a solution that will completely automate the hassle of mileage expense tracking.

• Admin at FA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We reimburse employees for their mileage. Some way to run a report at the end of the month showing line item project & mileage per trim, and then totaling the mileage entered would be great. We will have to stick to spreadsheets until then.

• Forrest Breese commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Be able to turn on/off Expense and Mileage by an individual employee and/or an employee group. This is huge if you have employees that travel to a job site from the Corp Office (reimbursed mileage) and others who go directly to a job site as part of their normal daily work commuter mileage that is typically not reimbursed.

• Lee Sherman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on T-sheets this has been 4 years of looking into this. Obviously there are tons of people that need Mileage including us as we have 30 plus employees that all use there personal vehicles and need to pay them out.....

• Julie Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can someone explain - I see in the demo shots for the app a "mileage" field - does that not translate into a report somewhere of miles entered? Considering whether this product is a solution for our company - mileage seems like a pretty basic need for a time tracking app. If it's not included that surprises me.

• NT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, this along with integration with QB is critical!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make expenses a priority. We need to track all expenses and receipts for a pay period through Tsheets.

Yes a numerical field for mileage that totals at the end of the pay period We pay our employees mileage when they use their own vehicles.

• Meredith Evans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would really appreciate having a way to do mileage reporting with in the app. One more thing to help us go paperless! As a beer distribution company this would be invaluable!

• Nathan Pilkington commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When is it happening??? These comments date back to 2013! Surely its not still not 'being looked at'? Cannot use it without it. Cheers

• Miranda Day commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are nonprofit where several of our employees use their personal vehicles to visit resident homes in the City of Detroit and provide services to them. We need to track their miles and reimburse them for their gas.

In a single pay period, one employee could track up to 200 miles. Every day the mileage amount varies and is inconsistent. It takes a ton of time for our Finance Director to manually calculate mileage accruals. If TSheets could AUTO CALCULATE the total amount of miles for each employee in a pay period and include it in reports that would be extremely beneficial to our organization and save us a boatload of time!!

BEST!

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An Irs accaptable Milege log generated automatically via GPS is a MUST have. Will not continue to use TSheets without it.

• David Frasier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tracking mileage for vehicles is mandatory for independent contractors for taxes, insurance, payroll and maintenance purposes. So, I agree an integration component to QuickBooks for this purpose is vital. I am a Linux user, and would like to see (1) integration to QuickBook alternatives such as ZipBooks and GNUcash as well as with some cloud based accounting alternatives such as Xero and Outright. Development costs would be minimized using transfer selling and other cost sharing strategies.

I only pay my employees mileage once per month. It would be great if I could print a report that only listed the date and the mileage per employee, rather than printing the entire months timesheet and mileage.

• grant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need the mileage and per diem drop down and export option as well for quick books. Should be as easy as having to select the type of fields you want to export

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base