How can we improve TSheets?

Allow employees to be a part of more than one group.

Allow employees to be a part of more than one group.

92 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Mike Meegan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • 0 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

2013 is the last Tsheets response? this is a needed feature in consulting biz....voting closed? What's the workaround?

• Chris B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Consider that groups are the only mechanism for various actions in TSheets such as Kiosk assignment, Employee-to-Manager assignments, Break assignment, and PTO code assignment. It's killing us that we can't create groups for PTO code assignment without breaking the existing group assignments that are used for employee assignments, to jobs, Kiosks, etc. Allowing an employee to be in more than 1 groups could solve this. But what would also solve this would be to allow break rules, PTO codes, etc to be able to be applied by a custom field in the employee record.

We have over 800 employees in TSheets and will have more than a hundred groups just for job and supervisor assignment. The lack of being able to search for a group where applicable (in the employee screen, in the Break assignment screen, in the PTO code assignment screen) is a real drawback.

• Trish Pedersen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would help to show who the employee reports to, as well as the primary department (s)he works in and if there is a secondary/tertiary department (s)he works in.

• Joshua commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any follow up on the development of this function? It sure would make life a little easier for harvest season, where people jump for job to job, day to day.

• Don Collins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The competing software that we are moving from allowed us to have multiple fields for employees namely; "Pay Group" "Department" and "Division". This allows us to pay full time employees and temp employees separately using the "Pay Group" but to assign them to the appropriate department for standard reports. Adding some additional fields in this regard would be quite helpful. Thanks

• Starr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have many employees part of multiple groups as they move between jobs in the field, we need this feature. Thanks!

• Karen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely -- this would be wonderful as about half of our employees work for two - four different managers throughout the week.

• Daisy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our employees also shift in and out of crews all the time. I would like to be able to add employees to multiple crews.

• Becky Zoole commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be great! We could group our technicians by union, to easily run reports for union benefit reporting, and also group them by which of our internal departments they work in, to get information on department-level payroll expenses.

• Ron Hays commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm sorry to see that this suggestion is closed. Having the ability to have employees be members of more than one group would make T-sheets more functional for our company of 23 employees. We have a small subdivision and both the primary company and subdivision share employees. It requires a good deal more effort to track time & costs when we have to manually look at each of those employees time and assign it to the proper profit center.

• Ronda Love commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to see this suggestion happen. It is the main reason I could not choose to use tsheets as my field time keeping system.

• AdminVictoria (Customer Experience Manager, TSheets.com) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Mike,

This is a great idea! And it is one that has been requested before, so in an effort to keep all of the votes as accurate as possible, I'm going to merge this one with our other one. Make sure you check the updated link and get your friends and coworkers to vote for it as well!

Thanks for the awesome request!
    Victoria

Feedback and Knowledge Base