How can we improve TSheets?

Being able to apply a billable rate per employee

When invoicing a job being able to make the invoice billable with different pay rates for employees than having a grand total for the job.

64 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gretchen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jean Lambert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In our consulting business, employees have different hourly rates billed, and these rates can also vary per project. The project configuration sheets should allow to assign employees to projects, and this is where their billing rates would also be entred. Then bill could be billed at say $100/hr for a smaller client, and $90/hr for a key client that has negotiated a discount (due to volume for example).

The project sheets should also allow to include a PO# or Client reference number.

• N commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be very helpful especially for legal and accounting firms.

• bschreckenghaust commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Being able to charge by employee is very critical. We will limp by downloading employee data until our one year term is up and then find another time tracking system that suits our needs.

• Ricky Gunter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be very helpful to have the payroll report use the employee's pay rate and give the amount of money associated with the hours worked on each particular job and the amount of money earned for all of the hours worked in the pay period.

• Clement Tsay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. TSheets needs to have the ability to have employees bill to a job code at different rates. I would suggest adding the ability to assign a billing rate to an employees job position.

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Follow-on comment: I thought the manage employee section had the billing rate for employees. But currently it's the pay rate. Perhaps you can add another field under the manage employees that will have "billing rate" as well.

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with Gretchen that this is important for pretty much all companies in the services sector. Otherwise the invoicing add-on is pretty useless if we have to bill principals and entry level people at the same rate. As for how I would suggest implementing it, I think you just have a check-box at the Invoicing add-on screen that allows you to check billing using employee rate vs. job code rate. I can't imagine why anyone would invoice based on a set job code (unless you have very detailed and a long list of job codes) but if you wanted to keep that feature then that's what I would suggest.

Feedback and Knowledge Base