How can we improve TSheets?

Ability to set different pay rates to different job codes for same employee

Be able to apply different rates of pay for different job codes for the same employee.

127 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

michaeldaneibsen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

24 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Kurt Johnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I believe that this can be accomplished by assigning different Service-Item rates. Different service-items can be used by the same employee working in different Roles for the same client (or multiple clients) in any pay-period. For job-cost review purposes, specific client service-items can be associated with specific payroll-item cost rates. The data can be exported from TSheets and analyzed in Excel.

• Donna Burkett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our job codes are customer with child jobs being the various contracts we have with that customer. Within each contract, we have multiple rates depending on the task, including shift differentials. This is then imported into QB. I would like to see Tsheets have this capability. Or, I need to find a different solution

• tank commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could you use the different pay rates as Child Jobs under a Main Category?

Example:

Main Category Job- Roofing

Under Roofing, you have:

- Roofing Rate #1
    - Roofing Rate #2

So because you have a lot of room for different Jobs, you make one new Main Category called "Roofing". Then you add two (or more) Child Jobs (each with their own Pay Rate). This way, you can assign an employee to get paid two different rates under the same Main Job Code.

• Carolyn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need ability to pay a different rate for different employees working the same Job Code (employee one is billed at $x and employee two is billed at $y).

Also the same employees could also be billed at a different rate for different Job Codes.

• tank commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is using the "Child Jobs" not a solution you could use?

I have my employees that work under one or more jobs (for the same company) working under TSheets.

I have my company name as the Parent Job, and then create Child Jobs for the different Pay Rates I have. I have employees that make $13 per hour and employees that make $18 per hour. They can clock in and out of one Job (and Pay Rate) and into another.

Under "Manage Jobs", I go and click on the plus (+) sign and configure and add the Child Jobs there.

Is this something different?

• Chalyce Wilde commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

T-Sheets - please add this feature!!! It is very frustrating to have to go into my accounting software and manually adjust time cards to correct the pay rates for certain service items, because T-Sheets only allows for one pay rate. This seems absurd to me that this is not a feature.

• Ed Stone commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have employees that work different jobs during the week and are paid different rates. For example, on the weekends, we have Nursery workers that get a certain hourly rate. Those same workers work in our preschool during the week and get a different pay rate. I am shopping around for another solution unless this is coming very soon.

• J. Alain Ferry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How do you guys not have support for different pay rates / job codes for an individual employee? I did not believe our accountant when they said you're lacking this functionality. How disappointing--we'd just begun migrating all of our employees over to Tsheets but now we've gotta' slam the brakes and find another solution.

• Dustin Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a company that pays regular and prevailing wage rates (which are different per person and county) This feature is a must.

• Mary Brasher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have two companies and would like to standardize on tsheets for time entry. However, we are going to have to look for another product for my second company due to this lack of functionality. I have crew members that get paid different rates depending on what type of work they do. It's a shame that this is missing.

• gloria commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need the ability to assign a different rate per job code based on the contract the employee is working on. For example, if John Doe works on two projects but is paid a different hourly rate per project, we need the ability to assign Rate 1 for Project 1 and Rate 2 for Project 2

• Tappan Titherington commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a biggie for me. Small shop with 2 part time independent contractors who are paid based on type of work. right now I have to edit it all in QBO before billing client.... and before paying worker.

• jk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the exact same problem. I need different pay rates based on jobs/customers to populate into each employees hourly fields. It could even be as simple as creating a link between the Customer/Task/Job and the Pay Rate function in the employee profile? Yes it would be extra initial data entry, but I'd be willing to do it once and not to have to do the weekly edits, math, and input. Still love TSheets though, because you know they'll eventually fix this!!! Please Hurry! Much Appreciated in Advance!!!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base