How can we improve TSheets?

Webpage Improvements

*I am using Chrome. This is a log of both issues and suggested features. This is from my perspective; not all may use TSheets the way this company does*

Issues:

Pop Up Windows
Every time a new window is opened, it appears to be at a generally random location on the screen, usually below and to the right of the existing window. This can cause issues when you have a few windows open (this is unavoidable in many situations). If you navigate to Time Entries, Edit Job, More -> Move, after all of those windows show up on the screen (lower and lower), "Select Job" is about 80% down from the top of the screen and almost the entire list of jobs is hidden below the bottom of my monitor. Dragging windows up to where they need to be is an endless task.

I would like to see a fix for maybe the new window to be aligned horizontally with the previous window, or for some windows to redirect instead of open a new window (think: back button!).

I have seen this act differently on different computers. Some monitors/computers handle this much easier so likely this isn't an issue everyone sees.

Who's Working
The Who's Working window does not accurately show employees at all times. There is typically one employee that is actually logged in but will not appear on the list. The phone is set up to sync correctly, support looked into it and everything seems fine, but it's still a problem.

Sage
I don't even want to talk about the Sage payroll export. It unfortunately does not contain enough functionality to line up as needed for Sage to prevent errors. I have submitted screenshots and literally typed out as much as this novel to support and I have given up on it being something that works automatically without having to modify multiple cells in each line of the export file. This was the primary reason I chose TSheets last year.

Features:

Project reports
Create "All time" filter for displaying project reports. This has been said many times before, but I intend to take the job report functionality a step further:

Let's say I want a job report to show how much time was spent overall on this one project. I need total hours and a summary for each employee to show to a project manager. A professional, usable report.

To go through the steps:

You change the parameters to make it show all records (creating an all time filter would make this entire step obsolete). Now, you see three pie charts. They don't actually show you the information you're looking for:

#1 - Job: The chart shows 100% for the job selected. You learn nothing from this.
#2 - Groups: We do not use and learn nothing. (not to say the pie chart itself is obsolete, it just doesn't help this situation)
#3 - Employees: The chart shows which employees put hours into the job, and the totals for each.

What's missing? When the job was worked on. A complete display of data. Clicking on "View Timesheets on the top" is exactly what is needed, although there isn't even a total listed per employee or for the job. There is no way to print this report here. Downloading timesheets is a function, but it takes minutes to turn the excel file into a functional report. Username and Payroll ID (among other columns) are useless in a situation where someone else needs just the important facts from a report. Number, group, date, day of the week, start/end time, aren't even that important. This file doesn't have totals either.

I write this list out respectfully, and as a paying customer. This is not to point out faults (although my frustration does shine through here a bit) but to get a fix for things that would make my work day, and hopefully others, easier. It is a great base program, but it needs to meet our expectations and become an even more efficient, smooth program so that we do not have to waste our time reading through endless "oh this would be nice" wish lists and voting on ones we may never see live.

I can acknowledge some of these issues may be on this forum gathering votes already. I apologize to the people who will be annoyed by that. However, I am not going to waste my work day (or my personal time) reading posts and upvoting like this is some popularity contest. We are in an odd position where some of these things SHOULD be voted on - features that should be included if they are popular enough. However, fixes, not features, should not be based on this prioritization that is determined by how many people are frustrated enough to seek out a thread from someone who is equally frustrated.

Thanks for reading.

1 vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea