How can we improve TSheets?

Convert overtime hours to paid time off hours

It would be great to be able to have employees track hours, and as their overtime hours build up they can select an option, or have it automatically convert their overtime hours to PTO or a paid time off bank called "Comp. Time".

67 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Victoria shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Erik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why isn't this done yet? It seems like a pretty basic concept. Just allow me to set for each employee what type of leave their overtime goes into. I have employees where it should accrue directly into PTO and I have hourly employees where it should just be paid as straight time.

• Kelvin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It seems to me that TSheets is a great product that I have just started using, but this is an obvious gap in its functionality for what seems to be a practical problem faced by many business owners - I want to easily be able to capture overtime worked by my Team on an ongoing basis and convert this to their bank of PTO, with each Team member always being able to access their up to date total of PTO available.

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a basic feature I've found in more enterprise systems. I'm sad that it's not part of Tsheets as it means I'm going to have to look for different software.

• Rachel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need this feature too! We are currently making calculations manually. For it to work seamlessly for us we would require overtime to be calculated by pay period (rather than day or week).

• Erik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is something I'm going to have to start doing manually now, and I'd really appreciate if you'd automate this. For salaried employees, overtime will go into a bank that can be used as PTO or withdrawn upon request quarterly.

• Paul Adams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please implement this idea! We have all FLSA exempt employees, and there is currently no way to track a "comp time bank" aside from the manual process that Nick outlined below...in 2015. Comp time is a major benefit we offer our employees, and it pains me to manually enter comp time when we have this wonderful software available!

• James Howell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any progress? I'm trying to do this with some of my harder working employees (at their request) and cant even figure out how to do it manually. SMH :(

• Sam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any idea if this suggestion made it to the product roadmap? With the changes in FLSA this a HUGE opportunity.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

how to convert overtime hours in to off day adjustment for example a employees overtime is 60 hourr so duty time is 9.5 hour so his off day adjustment is 6.3 day so how i'll do it on excel ?

• Nick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Like others I think this feature needs to be added to make the program complete. We also have "comp time" for our company. So right now I have to do it manually. I created a PTO code called "comp time" and after each week is over I have look at the hours for the week. If an employee is over 40 hours (we are based on 40 hours/week and not 8 hour days) then I credit the Comp Time PTO code. If they are under 40 hours for the week then I have to enter PTO for them for that week so that it comes out to 40 hours for the week. It is a simple enough calculation, just a tedious process. It seems that it would not be real difficult to implement. We are software developers, if we had the time we would study the Tsheets API and create our own built in Comp Time calculator. But right now we don't have the time for that.

• Richard Diack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our Company works a TOIL Policy, to allow flexible working. It would be great if there was an automated system that would Accrue any time worked over the 37.5hrs and add it to the Leiu PTO. This would also work if the employees worked under the 37.5Hrs, which would remove time from the PTO, thus giving them a running toil in hours, positive or negative. If this was automated into TSheets, i think it would complete the program. Manually inputting this info can get a little tedious. I am only trialling the product and i am impressed so far, but if this feature was added, i would sign our Company up without delay.

• Amanda Schroeder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our company also offers "Comp time". We work a 37.5 hour work week and employees are able to work over the 37.5 hours up to 40 hours and bank that time as comp time. We are able to track the comp time used, but it would be very helpful to be able to track the comp time earned as well. Having to manually update the hours on a weekly basis is burdensome.

• Stjepan Pavlek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh, this would be so great!
    Every month I have to run Payroll report, then manually enter Overtime values to the corresponding PTO for each employee using Accrual Ledger tool. So tiring manual work...
    It would be great if I could review the overtime hours, click on some kind of "submit", and then have them added to "overtime spending" PTO.

Our system is actually that an employee can choose weather to have overtime payed or accrued for spending. So, ideal would be that after the overtime is calculated, we can somehow choose which part of the amount should be sent to payroll, and which part accrued for spending as PTO.

• AdminVictoria (Customer Experience Manager, TSheets.com) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Here's some great detail from a merged idea:

Ability to Accrue Time Owed In Lieu

Our company works on a flexitime structure where our employees can accrue extra time for leave rather than paid overtime. What we would like in the system is the ability to accrue time for a PTO leave type when our employees work more than their scheduled hours in the week.

This time can also be negative if for any reason the employee cannot make it into work on time or has to leave for an emergency. They would then work extra to pay this back and would bring the figure back to normal.

Feedback and Knowledge Base