How can we improve TSheets?

Import only 1099 Contractors as Vendors

I would like to be able to specify 'Upload 1099 vendors only' in QB versus all vendors with a full name.

32 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Victoria shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Scott Daniels commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had a tech call with customer service at Tsheet today regarding issues of tracking 1099 vendors. The Tsheets staff was amazing. Things went south when we had to get an intuit tech on the line. Does anyone else wish that Tsheets had purchased Intuit rather than the other way around? It sure is nice speaking with someone in Idaho rather than speaking with an E.L.L in a cubicle pit in the Philipines....

• Robert Glazebrook commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seems logical that TSheets could solve this issue by only in importing the "vendors" which have the "Vendor eligible for 1099" button checked within the "Tax Settings" tab when editing a vendors information. Then only these vendor will be imported to TSheets as subcontractors.

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed! T-sheets has a lot going for it, but the more we use it the more we find these little items that need addressed.

• Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just spoke with TSheets and they do NOT have the capability to import selected vendors for time and attendance for 1099s. Instead was offered workarounds of 1) importing all my vendors and having TSheets filter, 2) make all my vendors inactive that don't need 1099s, 3) make sure only the vendors I wanted to track had a first name and last name. I really thought TSheets was an innovative company that produced solutions rather than workarounds. Appears I was wrong.

• April commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an accounting issue that TSheets should have addressed a long time ago. This shouldn't even have to be a 'fix' item. Users that are responsible for accurate accounting and efficient use of time and resources should be able to count on TSheets for this simple, but necessary option.

• Ed Jaworski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Importing all vendors that have first and last names filled in makes no sense. It is only creating more names to have to scroll though. The only vendors that need to be in TSheets are the 1099 subcontractors that you may need to track Job Cost time.

• Mike Homma commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also like to do the same thing. We have a lot of contractors and it is a real pain to have to do them outside of Tsheets. Plus it is costing you money because they are not Tsheets users......... If that is any inspiration to get this resolved.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When you select the Quickbooks Integration Preferences tab, then 'Import Vendors as Employees', you should be allowed to identify 1099 vendors only. Tsheets imported every vendor who had a first and last name, even those vendors we have identified as corporations.

Feedback and Knowledge Base