How can we improve TSheets?

Make job codes inactive

I would like to have the ability to make a job code inactive without deleting it. I have the option of unassigning it, but that is not the best solution. Is there another way?

131 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Karen Sheltra shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

20 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • John Peek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need ability to archive old jobs...my team keeps signing in to old projects....what a pain.
    It must be a priority otherwise we have to delete them from Tsheets.
    If we have to revisit an old project and add bill hours to it then we have to go to quickbooks and reintroduce it to T Sheets

• HappyFeet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A simple way to make jobs temporarily inactive would be a big help! Until then...here is a workaround I have found that works:

Create an "_inactive" top level/parent folder in your jobs list. Then move any inactive jobs to that folder as a child. When they become active again, move them back out to the top level/parent.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is my #1 request, we have already banked a huge amount of jobs in just one week and it's becoming a nightmare to sort them to find the one you need, we need the ability to archive the jobs once complete to keep the list small and tidy.

• Bruce commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We're evaluating Tsheets on the free trial, and strongly agree with the other users' comments that it's very unfortunate to lack a capability to activate/inactivate (or an equivalent archive/unarchive) job codes.

There are many reasons this capability would be important and time saving.

• Wade Carpenter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need this functionality too. Can this really be that hard to add a checkbox and not include it in the list if this box is not marked complete? Please add this.

• bmaffin13 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yea, how is this not a thing? We've been using it for less than a month and already have over 100 jobs in the list but I don't want to delete them. We NEED and archive option please.

• Rick Maier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow this is a big over sight!
    We have only been using Sheets for a couple of months and our staff are complaining about having to scroll through all the job codes to find todays job. We need to keep the jobs for data (strangely enough, that is why we pay for the subscription after all) but don't need them clogging up the log in screen for staff.
    Simple fix = add an archive button.

• Shelley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have been using using this system for over two years now. In 2015 we have logged 318 and 299 in 2014.

TSheets MUST make a way to archive old jobs!

• Stas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there a way to archive old jobs? When the job is over I would like to archive it so a. employees can no longer log hours into it, and b. it doesn't appear in active jobs view. Is this currently available?

It would be great to make them inactive and refresh to only have active jobs at the top of the field and or keep non active jobs hidden or in a second tab to only see active jobs.

You can make employees inactive, but still see them easily and reactivate them. The same feature for customers would be great.

• Scott Chism commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One other thought
    Inactive because I would like to find active ones easier but re activate for review and reporting projecting.
    Ie
    A similar project comes up and I review a previous one re tasks time span for estimating.

• Scott Chism commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I used tsheets for almost two years. was not required to amp yore but after almost a year off really miss this as a management tool of for myself.
    YES
    Please inactive Pro Codes
    I would like to track specifics projects that would be short tee, 1 to 6 months but have them available for review and reporting.
    Thank you
    Looking forward to getting back on this for 2014 (infinity) and beyond!
    Scott

• AdminVictoria (Customer Experience Manager, TSheets.com) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Here's some great detail from Bill's merged idea:

Add feature in TSheets where Customers or Jobs will only be enabled if the administrator selects it in TSheets. When new jobs or customers are synced from Quickbooks, you could have the option to default the new jobs to either "ALL ENABLED" or "ALL DISABLED". Then you can manually change them by clicking a box so that they won't show up as an available job to an employee until you want them to.
    Right now if you create a new customer or job which may have only been done to create a quote, the new job will show up in TSheets and you have to keep manually archiving the jobs in TSheets so they won’t show up to employees. Then later, if you want to make that job available you have to go back to Quickbooks, make the job inactive and then reactivate it so that it will sync with TSheets again.
    It would be much simpler to be able to check or uncheck a box in the administrators view to enable or disable jobs in TSheets.
    The most important reason for his is to keep employees from having to search through a 100 jobs to clock in when maybe only 10 need to be shown to them right now

• AdminVictoria (Customer Experience Manager, TSheets.com) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Bill,

Thank you for reaching out about this one, and I agree that it is a great idea, but at the moment we don't have this feature available. What I can do is merge this idea with the other idea so that it counts as more votes and the developers will review it more quickly.

Thanks again, and I look forward to hearing more feedback from you soon!
    Victoria

• Bill W. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is basically the same as idea that was shared by Karen S. on May 6, 2013 called
    "Make job codes inactive"

I would like to have the ability to make a job code inactive without deleting it. I have the option of unassigning it, but that is not the best solution. Is there another way?

Feedback and Knowledge Base