How can we improve TSheets?

Allow multiple simultaneous timers

I would like the option to run multiple timers simultaneously. There are two main things I would use this for.

One, I sometimes work on two or three projects at once. It would be great to be able to track time for all of the projects at once. As it is, I have to go back and manually add time for some of the projects, which is a hassle. I know I'm losing some billable time due to this.

Two, it would make it easier to separate my staff's payroll hours from their client billable hours. It would be nice if my tech could clock into the payroll timer when he arrives at work and stay clocked in the entire time, then clock in and out of client timers as he works on projects. When payroll roles around, I'd pay based on the one timer rather than having to add a bunch of timers together.

Thanks.

92 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ramon Dailey shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

28 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I tested tsheets years ago and passed on it because it lacked this feature and was too closely based on a time clock. It seems a little looser now but I can’t believe it still won’t let you start multiple timers at once, or let you toggle between multiple active timers throughout the day. Virtually every other timer or app I use allows this. Professionals switch between projects all the time.

I wish Tsheets would respond and explain why it can’t happen (is the back-end programming too extensive because of history as virtual time clock?) or are they just not convinced this would encourage new users to buy product? Votes really do need to be combined from ‘TSheets for multi-tasking environment’ - I voted for that too, it solves the same problem.

• brandon.biggs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lack of this feature is all that is keeping us from switching to TSheets as our main timekeeping and logging manager. If I could give this feature all my votes, I would. This is critical whereas many of the features above this one in the voting list are not so important. This is a make or break feature. Please add this functionality.

I often work on grants. Sometimes, a task overlaps multiple grants. Thus, the time and description is the same but the jobs need to be split by a fraction or percentage. This feature would be very helpful!

• brandon.biggs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This functionality is required for us to move off our cobbled together GSheets solution and move completely onto TSheets. Both the splitting a time equally between customers and the billing two customers at once. We also do time chunking, so a client is minimum 2 hours. It would be nice if there was the option to do those minimum chunks as well, although it is not required.
    I think the fundamental problem with TSheets at the moment is that they only have one clock at a time. With our nonexempt employees, they are legally required to have a separate clock that tracks their clock in and out, but our billing may be on a completely different system. I don't necessarily want employees to see how many billable hours they worked, but I would like them to see what percentage of their time was billable utilization.
    TSheets should also have an option to go directly to invoicing rather than trying to sink to QBO's inept timesheets. There is a reason why we are using TSheets! We put on the invoice 30 hours of service A, 10 hours of service B, and attach to the invoice logs with notes of exactly what was accomplished during each period someone worked on a project with a client. So have an option to skip QBO's timekeeping and go directly to invoices.

• Sam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is stopping us from buying T-sheets one year in advance, would really like the ability to be able to log timesheets for multiple clients at once (even if its an option set at admin level)
    We multitask and its common that we can a staff member can be logged into multiple client machines and working on them simultaneously (i.e when one is installing software, he can run backup on another.

I am desperately looking for this solution too. I need Xero integration + the ability to run multiple timers simultaneously. At least give the option somewhere in settings to enable/disable this feature. I am currently using no time tracking software as no one provides this feature as far as I can tell...

• LEE-337 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

similar topic at "TSheets for multi-tasking environment" (not simultaneous, but similar workflow reasons)....with those 45 votes added to these 68 (merged), this would be pretty much at the top of the stack?

• jim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need to be able to be on a job and on a different job at the same time occasionally. If we are out in the field and have to perform remote maintenance on another customers system, we can't log that time without a conflict error. Just allow it to happen if we as administrators check it on certain employees to do this. We lose service fees because of this flaw.

• Gregg Sales commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We just switched from Harvest which does this well. We like TSheets and use it for the Quickbooks integration. If we could get the feature above it would really bring TSheets in line with Harvest.

• mark Vatcher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this one should be merged with "TSheets for "multi-tasking" environment" as they are both pretty much the same so the votes should be merged. Being a consultant i could be working on a task for an hour and then get interrupted by a phone call for 15 minutes, which is another timesheet entry, and then resume my original task. this happens all day so i end up trying to summarize my time manually instead of just having multiple tasks running throughout the day.

I'd love to switch to this product, but I really need to be able to run multiple timesheets at the same time, or the ability to edit entries and allow over lapping.

• Elizabeth Olney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would love to see a feature that allowed us to quickly switch back and forth between jobs without losing all of the information that had previously been entered in the notes and class segments.

For instance, I might be working on solving a communication problem for Client A. I get interrupted (NO, Never happens!) and now I switch to Client B. After finishing with Client B (for the moment) I want to go back to what I was working on for Client A. Currently, I must restart completely as a new job. What if I could restart the old Client A job where I was and not have to re-create the notes (which can be complex for some jobs)? THAT would be cool!

• mlewis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any progress on this feature, or a work around to make it possible?

• Jasenko commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to either overlap (which does happen in reality) or be able to split long tasks afterwards into smaller ones with a few clicks (because I know what I was working on).
    The way it currently is, i would have to think about the time tracking software instead of what I'm supposed to be working. The current workflow is bad for my productivity and results in me assigning all my work to a code called 'Other'.

I would also love this functionality. Has there been any progress towards making this happen?

• Manca Weeks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes - travel time and completing a project for another client is a great example of this. Another, frequent example in our workflow is - we track all internal tasks as well as billable ones. We keep statistics of all internal operations so we know where employee time is being spent. It often occurs that internal projects can - or must - happen while work is being done for a customer.
    We also discount tasks for clients in exchange for allowing us to bulk process things for them of premises. TSheets doesn't let us track that at all - if we are doing a bulk install sweep off premise for three customers at once at a lower rate - we can only track one! This is also a problem we need solved within the next 6 months or we will need another solution - presently, our accounting team's time is being taken by this - which means TSheets' missing feature is actually incurring cost for us internally.

• Bill Nolan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We routinely multitask while on the road. We are simultaneously billing travel time for one client, while taking or making calls that require another client to be billed for a portion of that same time period. Multiple timers are a must. This is a common capability in the majority of time tracking applications. (Running multiple timers at once.) This is a necessity for us.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base