How can we improve TSheets?

Multiple Levels of Approval

Something that gives manages the option of having at least two levels of approval. Allowing team managers to approve their team hours and then those approved hours get sent to the Managing Owner for final approval and import into QBO.

46 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Liz Smith shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Aaron Kinser commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature would help our service company bill our customers and pay our employees with more speed and accuracy. Supervisors need to approve hours since they understand project implications, administrators also need to approve hours since they understand contract and accounting implications. Without approval from both, honest employee timesheet mistakes are missed, and the re-work is expensive and a downer for the planet. :(

• Lynn Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes --- Please add this feature TSheets I am a QB ProAdvisor and could send you more clients with this feature.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is really an important idea. Many, many companies need at least 2 approval levels. Other online time software does it easily for not much more money!

• Brandon Lawshe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a huge must in our industry as we have internal repairs, service and projects. It would be best if my service coordinators, superintendents, project managers could approve times by each entry (Not by Day). This would allow myself (Director of Operations) to quickly review the approved times before sending the final approval to our accounting department.

T Sheets has been great, but this is one thing that has caused a huge head ache and additonal head ache for myself and other staff.

Thanks,
    Brandon Lawshe
    Director of Operations
    Master Video Systems

• Katie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Request to add multi level approval to manage timesheets. One person in our company approves the timesheet and another invoices for it, so we need to know when each person is done via flagging, color coding, etc.
    Thank you

• James Whitelow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like multiple manager approvals for employees that support multiple project codes with in the same performance period for approval. Each manager can approval time that is charged to their group or budget.

• Teresa Adams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see an approval process where more than one manager can approve time on each day. We have techs that may work for more than one project manager in a days time. Not that this happens a lot but when it does, as it stands now there isn't a way for another PM to approve. Also. I would like to see where the approvals for more than one Manager can happen when running a weekly payroll report not just by the day. As it stands now if a tech works for different PM's throughout the week the PM has to run daily reports to approve instead of a weekly.

• Bruce Farnsworth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to have our administrative manager approve and modify if necessary a timesheet before it goes to QuickBooks. This would be after the group supervisor approves the timesheet. Currently, once the time is approved, it is 'locked' and cannot be changed before being exported to QuickBooks. I know there is a work around, but it is not as robust as I would like.

• danayab commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be very helpful to my company as our field time sheets need to be approved by multiple project managers across two separate branch locations. Having a way for the project management team to each log on and approve or manage time will expedite the approval process. As it remains I will have to notify each manager when the time sheets are ready and then wait to receive a confirmation email from each one before I upload the time into Quickbooks.

Feedback and Knowledge Base