How can we improve TSheets?

Allow time to be entered at any job level. If there are multiple tiers, it currently can only be entered at the lowest tier.

Allow time to be entered at any job level. If there are multiple tiers, it currently can only be entered at the lowest tier.

75 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

alice shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

25 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • 0 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So this has been here since 2013? And it looks to be one of the most requested features. Is this ever going to get fixed in TSheets? It makes no sense that this works differently than it does in QuickBooks. Both systems are owned by the same company.

• Jose Cespedes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

4 Years waiting for this with no luck... I see other ideas with less priority and way less votes (like adding picture to profile) have been started, and T-Sheets developers team can't give an answer on this request.

If it is that it "just can't be done", let us know so we can look for other alternatives

• Kim Hanson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has anything started happening with this yet? My time tracking is very messy because of not being able to apply time to the correct jobs, and my job costing is a mess because I forget to go back and change all of the time in QB, or I miss time when I am changing. Tsheets was supposed to make my life easier...this has in fact made it harder.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For a remodeling company that is properly tracking change orders as sub jobs under the original job, not having this option breaks up estimate vs. actual reports and WIP feed to our third party management software. The idea of Tsheets is to seamlessly increase production and efficiency. Constantly having to use end around repairs in Quickbooks to make up for this, leaves us searching for a better option! Make this a priority!

• Kim Hanson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an absolute necessity. It is easy to forget to edit the job in QB timesheets to make sure time is allocated properly for reporting/job costing purposes. Please, Please, Please make this happen! After 10 years of using QB, I can't change the way my customers are set up to match the way Tsheets reports!

• Larry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This can be done in QB's. First you add an additional Cust/Job name that is exactly like the original, as a Sub, Then you add another Cust/Job name that is different but also is a Sub to the original. Once you update and click on the Cust/Job name in TS, you will be able to choose either the Upper or Sub. Thanks to Sydney for this :-)

• Barbara Kuntz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. As a general contractor we begin a job and only as the job progresses do we have the need to add sub jobs to track time for a change order. We need to be able to continue to track time in the main job as well as in the child job.

• Bryan Wolf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a much needed change, in the HVAC/Electrical word we have to contend with install jobs and service work. If an install customer calls us later after their job for a service call, the tech can only apply their time to the available job under that customer. The result is annoyed techs and messy time tracking that requires incessant editing. Tsheets, this is a small change that would yield many happy customers!

• Ed Jaworski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Forcing only the lowest level Job is impractical. This seems like a design restriction coming from someone who doesn't use QuickBooks in the real world. Sometimes sub-jobs are used for Change orders of the main job - not all time is for the Change order, most might be for the main Customer

• david commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be really helpful to allow staff to select any level of job, makes invoicing hard work when they can't

• David Langley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As with other comments below, our company will not be able to utilize tsheets because of this issue. I love a lot of the features that tsheets has over other systems but this one things makes it impossible for us to use. I am currently using a system called TimeTracker, it also integrates with QuickBooks but it does allow you to charge time to any level. The downside they do not offer the ability to set up groups. PLEASE FIX! As soon as this is fixed I will switch immediately.

• Shaun McClure commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are a construction/systems integration business that has multiple jobs under a single client with additional sub jobs (change orders) under each job. We need to be able to assign hours to any level in the job tree. Maybe make it a configuration option?

• schulte-vicki@schultebuilder.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a definite must for me. Working in the construction industry we have multiple jobs going at the same time for one customer, then under that job are sometimes multiple Change Orders. This will be a huge undertaking for me to change all of these to a separate job in QuickBooks. Please...please...please make this change ASAP!

• Shaya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe this is even an issue to begin with. We need to be able to enter time at any job level. It seems completely arbitrary to not allow time slips to be captured at any job level. Absurd and ridiculous. Implement ASAP!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base