How can we improve TSheets?

Ability to enter hours worked from what time to what time no just quantity of hours in manual entry.

I found out that I have to show that my guys took lunch breaks. Right now they enter in their hours at the end of the day in manual mode. This only lets them show how many hours they worked. Not what time they started and stopped.

26 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Benjie Craig shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Stephen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to see the ability to modify clock in/out times from the manual time card. Our company got into a bit of a pickle by accidentally combining manual entries with clocked entries. The employees and managers just preferred the spreadsheet-like view of manual timecard, but they were destroying their clock in/out data, and lots of things in tsheets just don't work when you mix the two.

• Chris Porosky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Perhaps more to the point, simply add the 'option' to enable timesheet editor in manual time card entry - it would then popup the timesheet editor, except the customer and date would be auto selected (based on the manual entry information) but you would still have the option to just enter in total time worked if desired. Lastly, per another feature request, it would be nice to allow start / stop times and any custom fields to "auto populate" in the notes field.

• eugene travnikoff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

they can always put in the amount of hours and there is a spot to add a note. in the note they can say "from 3pm to 4pm" or whatever the actual times are.

• Heath Akers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. This is a problem for my company as well. This leaves a lot of room for legal speculation. No way to document that employees are taking the required breaks and no way to document the exact time at which an employee was at a clients job. Say for instance when "incident X" occured. Pretty obvious to see the problems that may occur with this.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do see the need for a manual time sheet entry option to input start and stop times - so the total time is calculated. Timesheet Editor and Time Slider are not good substitutes because they are only one day / one customer at a time, while manual time sheet entry allows for easier entry by the week and for multiple customers each day.

Feedback and Knowledge Base