How can we improve TSheets?

Fill in default values for custom fields based on Task/Service Item

For 90% of our timecard entry, the custom fields are dependent variables, not independent variables, based on the Task/Service Item. The employees have to fill out these redundant fields every time through the annoying pop-up, creating a bad user experience. Also, this gives the employees the opportunity to enter in incorrect data for the custom fields. This is especially true for values where there is only one value allowed for the customer. Why even make the user click when there is only one option?

29 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Hal shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Denny Croughwell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having the option of making a making a custom field selection the default value is a MUST HAVE! This functionality could eliminate the need for the user to make a selection for any custom field tagged as defaulting to a pre-selected value, thereby reducing the user interaction, improving data accuracy and increasing it's value.

Eliminating, or at a minimum reducing, the amount interaction required by the user is a priority.

• Mary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want the system to remember my last timesheet settings per each client. For example, my pro bono client, it setting should always default to No - billable and for my other clients the setting should default to Yes. What the system is doing now is applying whatever last job setting I was on to the next job setting when I clock in.

We need the ability to set a specific service and billable options per client that will automatically default to when a user clocks-in eliminating the 3 clicks steps.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This request seems like something that would help my employees. I have lots of 1:1 relationships between certain Classes, Customer:Jobs, and Service Items, but only for sub-sets of each of these fields. E.g., All Customer:Jobs are in the Class Client, but each Customer:Job has a different Service Item. Service Items that are not associated with a Customer:Job can have different Classes, so we need to retain the flexibility to assign a separate Class some, but not all, of the time.

• Bev Kehoe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This issue manifests for us as a conflict between whether to allow employees to choose their classes and service items as we have 3 'regular' payroll items (1 direct and 2 indirect) that are used as one per specific customer, but we have hourly and salaried employees contributing. So we fall in between the 2 choices: we would like to see an override by customer. It actually worked on the screen somehow but then failed in the save! so is it possible to make this work?

• Salvador Sandoval commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Filling in defaults and not even prompting for custom fields that are configured with only one option would really make the employee experience better.

• Tom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Exactly - I'm facing the same challenge. Also, the system forces the field to be required; an option to make it optional might also be useful.

Feedback and Knowledge Base