How can we improve TSheets?

Timesheet Approval by Customer/Job or Job Code Managers

It would be much more practical if Tsheets allowed for the creation of a manager who approves all the time for specific jobs/customers. In many industries employees work on multiple jobs which are overseen by different managers (think construction) who have no way of knowing the details of any other job. As Tsheets is currently set up, the managers I have created cannot approve only the time employees worked on their jobs, so there is no real way to make sure all the time my employees enter is reflective of the work they did!

41 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

emily shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Carl Holt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree, this would be fantastic feature. As I run a small business and we have two consultants who use sub consultants (free lancers). In a given month the same sub consultants may work for both our consultants and therefore if they could have access to just to approve by job code that would be great.

• Barbara Kuntz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wholeheartedly agree! Our company is a small to mid sized General Contractor with a dynamic work flow . We sub out much of our work and have Superintendents, foreman and some laborers that move around from job to job sometimes on a daily basis. The managers approve time per job not per crew. I think most general contractors work with this type of staffing model.

• William commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This option would be awesome for my company! We work several different jobs concurrently and the manager is responsible for the hours charged to his or her job. Employees will float between jobs so my managers do not manage specific employees, but instead specific jobs; each manager verifies who worked at his or her job every day. Please consider adding this functionality! It would help me out immensely!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes!! I manage a labor staffing company and I too need the ability for onsite superintendents and project managers to be able to approve workers' time sheets tied to their job site. Many of my workers move from site to site throughout the week and It is imperative for the specific site manager to approve the hours the workers' worked at their site. All of my employees clock in to a specific site, but I haven't found a practical and easy way for the supers/PM's to approve all timecards for the various workers.

• sjeremic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be more than helpful, infact, this is a must. We have strictly divided account teams, so there is no point in approving for all the hours of an employee, only the hours invested in your Client. Looking forward to this impatiently!

• relawson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with other comments - as to implementation there are several uses cases but even basic functionality would be nice to have short term. I am a small contractor and the terms of one contract is that time must be approved before billed, and that approval constitutes acceptance of the work. Plus, I think it is a great feature that keeps clients in the loop and reduces any surprises.

• AdminVictoria (Customer Experience Manager, TSheets.com) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

More feedback from another merged idea:

Allow a manager to be the manager of a job code; s/he can only see the hours recorded for that job code, but for any employee that worked it. Also allow them to run a report and/or approve time based upon the job code, not the employee.

Feedback and Knowledge Base