How can we improve TSheets?

Have a default on the employee level to make all time billable/non-billable when importing to QB...this way employees dont have to select it

It would be nice to have a default setting per employee that automatically marked their time as billable or nonbillable for importing into QB.

37 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Megan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • kevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please make default billable time on the SERVICE level. For me, all is billable, but see below for any free stuff issues due to QuickBooks Online functionality limitations.

For QuickBooks Online syncing, only BILLABLE time makes it to invoices. Since I have free stuff sometimes, I also need to find a way to get that into QuickBooks. So free services for me will be $0 services that I will setup first in QuickBooks OR I will use a Discount service item.

Therefore, I would like ALL my time to be billable. For me, just one setting to make ALL time ALWAYS billable is easiest.

However, this can work with Tim K's suggestion, too. Tim's suggestion may work better across other software packages (Xero, Gusto). Tim's suggestion is that you set billable by default on a service item level. I would be ok marking all of my services, including my discounts and $0 service items as billable.

• Kim Harley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If we could add to that billable/non-billable by job. Some jobs are fixed price and others are hourly.

• Tim Kahne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would make a variation on this - rather have the billable non/billable default option at the service item level. Certain services are generally billable others are not.

Feedback and Knowledge Base