How can we improve TSheets?

Raise 50-result/item limit for jobcode GET and POST actions.

It would be good if the limit of 50 jobcodes would be raised a bit. I understand the need for the a limit of some kind, but when dealing with thousands of job codes, as I am, having such a low limit severely slows down sync actions between our local DB and TSheets.

I suspect that a higher limit would both speed up certain operations as well as reduce server stress on your end by reducing the number of GET and POST actions needed.

4 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jeff shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello JD, yes, you can configure the number of per_page, but the max is a min of 50 -- which is waaaay to min.

• Kensel Leishman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I haven't studied the api in depth but wouldn't it be possible to have the initial sync, then just sync modified items after wards. It would be a slow sync at first but then depending on the interval of syncs would keep the amount of changes down.

• Jeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Correct, but the maximum number is 50. That's pretty limited when dealing with thousands of jobcodes and results in many small queries instead of a few large ones. That, in turn, slows down syncing operations with our in-house database.

Feedback and Knowledge Base