How can we improve TSheets?

Create rows in a manual time card without entering duration/time.

Right now, in order to add a row to a user's manual time card, you are also required to specify a duration for a specific date. What I'd like to be able to do is create a row in a weekly, manual time card without creating any timesheets, akin to a user adding a job code to their time card via the user interface. This will allow me to sync a user's assigned tasks, which often change here, on a daily basis to "build" their time card for them, such that all they need to do is enter times each day.

20 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jeff shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Gathering Feedback  ·  Elise responded  · 

This is a great idea to pre-fill out a time card for employees. Let’s see if we can’t get more votes :)

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Patrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a really helpful feature for my company. I'm not sure the need to have this implemented the way it is. There is already a delete button next to each job which you can use to remove Job if you no longer need them. Also, it would be nice to be able to enter Jobs for our employees ahead of time instead of them having to select the job each time period, which can only be done if this feature is implemented. One way to please people would like how it is now would be to simply have a preference in Company Settings. This would allow companies to choose which way they prefer.

• Andy Tatham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Manual Timecard allows you to copy jobs from the previous week, but unless you put some time under each job, the jobs are removed when you save and then reopen the timecard. That's ridiculous! I don't use every job every day of the week, but I don't want to have to go and add the job every time I need to add time to it. Seems like a bug to me that should be addressed; it's not an enhancement. I see in the comments that users have been asking for this for years, so I don't understand why it has not yet been implemented. I work with software developers every day; this should be an easy fix.

• Molly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, our employees have requested this feature. Some of them would like to be able to add all of their known tasks/job codes at the beginning of the week, as a reminder/task list for what they should be working on. When we first got Tsheets, a number of employees went through the exercise of setting up their timesheet (without time recorded) and were frustrated when they hit save and all the rows disappeared!

Feedback and Knowledge Base