How can we improve TSheets?

Enhanced PTO Approval & Reporting Process

Currently, the approval for PTO utilizing tSheets is limited to the manager seeing it on the time sheet during the current pay period. The ability for managers to be notified in advance of employees desire to take PTO and the ability to see a summary of all employees pending PTO in the future is extremely important in the decision making process so as to ensure ample staffing is available. One suggestion would be that upon an employee submitting PTO hours in the PTO module, the save button could be replaced with a send request. This request would then go to their manager where approval could take place. The ability for the manager to run a report calendar of sorts needs also to be available. Again so that the manager will know/see information prior to approving PTO (Vacations).

295 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Alex Reed shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

58 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Trish Pedersen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In addition to being able to approve the PTO, the manager/supervisor needs to know how much PTO will be accrued for the year. That way when an employee is requesting days in advance of the hours accruing, the manager will know they will be eligible for those hours.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES PLEASE!!!! This capability would be perfect and we need it too. We want to switch to TSheets and this would complete the package. We have a lot of offsite folks and managers juggle multiple people and schedules and various locations.

• dadelman@dgacpaphr.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I truly don't understand why this enhancement hasn't been completed...this is critical in order to manage time off properly...honestly, if this can't be corrected we will need to look at other time tracking programs that already have this feature (ie: purelyhr.com)

• Andrew Budick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, I assumed TSheets would eliminate the paper PTO requests that float around the office till worked into the paper schedule. Your schedule module is ok now let's marry PTO management to the TSheets schedule, that is a winner.

• dadelman@dgacpaphr.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I truly can't believe TSheets doesn't have this yet...looks like we've been asking for this for over 2 years and it's yet to be implemented...seems like it would be an easy fix...we also use Gusto, but we do not like their PTO request feature...REALLY HOPE TSHEETS LOOKS AT THIS and implements something soon!

• Tristan Rhodes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Slightly concerning that this was 'started' before August 16 (7 months ago!), and not yet implemented. As a trial user looking for a solution, it does not bode well at all that something that's so popular (243 votes and 51 comments) has not been developed or even commented on by TSheets.

• Orin Knopp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is very badly needed. PTO requests should go to their manager for pre-approval and once approved should show up in the time card entry. There should not be a separate PTO screen from the time card entry. They should simply be able to post PTO from the time card screen and when pre-approved it should be locked in. PTO should still be able to be added to the time card when unplanned like sick etc. Paid holidays should be preestablished in a company profile and auto applied to employee time cards based upon the employee setup. It does not appear to be that difficult and should have been in TSHEETS since day one.

• Joshua Baer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ill throw in my vote for the need of a very improved time off request tool. I purchased tsheets for two reasons, one being I thought it had intuitive pto management, but now that I am more into it, I realize there is nearly nothing useful here for pto.

• Andy Hayes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see that this is marked as started, but no comment from TSheets admin as to status. Can we please get an update? Any approved time off should also show up on the Schedule so that you don't accidentally schedule someone who is off. This drastically reduces the usefulness of the Schedule feature that I'm paying for, if this functionality is not there. It's such a basic feature that I (unfortunately) made the assumption that this would be incorporated. Please let me know if this is not on the radar...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. It would be nice to just flag a scheduled shift as "called out" and have reporting for these. I know I look at these differently than scheduled or requested time off.

• cfaustino commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

employees have the ability to submit PTO requests and also allow employers the ability to put in call off / no show days for reporting if to many missed.

• Kevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any update to this or plans to implement a requests and approval module? This is one thing that I figured would be a feature, but during the trial, it is not.

Please let us know if a PTO request/approval system is being developed?

• Kari commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

would like employees to be able to send in requests for vacation days (paid and unpaid). I would love if Tsheets could be a place where employees can communicate with management through this app instead of tex message or email.

• mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a serious shortfall. Every company has a request and approval system for PTO. Manually adding PTO is extremely tedious and having employees add the time themselves is not the best practice. Is this feature in the works at all? It seems like such a basic feature to many of us, and many other time tracking platforms have it.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base