How can we improve TSheets?

Automatic Holiday time entry

It would be nice to be able to set up holiday times and have them prepopulate time sheets. for example - for major holidays such as Christmas, Thanksgiving, 4th of July, to have the option to have 8 hours of holiday time prepopulate or pre-entered into the time sheet for employees so that they do not have to go in and manually enter it either before the holiday or after the holiday.

257 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Tarek shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

48 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • 0 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are new to TSheets and I will say between TSheets and QBO holiday pay is a real problem! We are open on the holidays and pay for only those who work it. I wish there was a way to do time and a half instead of manually having to do it and then explain to the employees that the holiday pay is for "Half" their hours and the regular pay for that day is the "Time." It has been a real PIA. I wish TSheets and QBO could figure this one out!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

Issues we have in Australia is the number of public holidays we have. All our employees get paid 8 hours ordinary hours for those days. I cannot find a way to bulk upload these ordinary hours without going into each sheet. Which is a waste of admin time. Is there a work around on this?

• Joy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We allow floating holidays. If an employee must work a holiday, they can take another day off during the year. There is no carry over of holidays to the next year. We have to manually track all holidays taken on an Excel spreadsheet and this can become burdensome has we grow. It also creates more opportunity for manual error. We need to have the flexibility to enter our holiday schedule. Deltek Timekeeping allowed this and also pre-populated the holiday on the timesheet for convenience and to remind employees to input the holiday on their timesheet. Inputting holiday hours as regular hours is a common mistake.

• David Rogers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are accustomed to setting up the institutional holiday schedule in multiple software packages and programs once a year in December. It would be nice to be able to do this for TSHEETS.

• sarah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, would also be beneficial so no on is getting a notification on their day off. Currently a manager has to manually turn off notifications and then turn them back on..usually after the next work day has already started. Otherwise employees are getting their notification to clock in on their day off. No one likes that. Would also be great to apply to notifications in general for vacation/PTO time on an individual employee basis. Please hurry!

• Leah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to be able to set annual holidays that they employees should always receive 8 hours of pay for and would not have to enter manually.

• Heather commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You would need to insure that holidays are specific to the country and region of the country as well. For example USA and Canada holidays are not the same, and in turn even within Canada their are Regional holidays that are not recognized across Canada. So for Canada as an example the ability to select Canada which would populate the Federal recognized holidays, then select the province or provinces to populate the regional ones. If a company was using the scheduler across multiple regions you also may want to incorporate the ability to assign staff by region or use the Time Zone function assignment already within tsheet to designation the regional settings.

I had another system that provided this feature globally. It added Holiday pay according to how many hours the company was paying employees for and also weeded out anyone who did not qualify for holiday pay such as a person who had only been working 60 days or less and also anyone who was part time. It really let us chose who we wanted to pay for Holidays.

We currently have a company rule that also states you must be here before and after the holiday, unless the employee is protected under a law of some sort of course. But this would be a nice feature to incorporate if TSheets is considering building out this feature.

• Jeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Where are we with this? I had a number of folks miss Veteran's Day... Their feedback: "we used _____ at my last company and it populated holidays for us"

+1. This is one more thing to remember and it would be great if it was auto-populated or an automated 8 hours available in the relevant pay period.

I am an independent contractor that provides payroll services to over a dozen small businesses - many use TSheets and would LOVE to have a holiday pay feature!

• lcisneros commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You should be able to create a holiday schedule for the year and assign it to each classification of employee you have. For example, with one of our clients they have FT, PTA and PTB. Each category gets a different amount of holiday pay. If you could setup the holiday pay for each category and then it would apply to all employees in that category instead of having to enter each employee seperately.

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Completely agree, this seems like an obvious feature that should be available. Look at all your users and what people are doing manually to get around this. It is one of our pain points in an otherwise great product. PLEASE at least respond to the thread and let users know if this is likely to be added. Thank you.

Couldn't agree more! I have only been using TSheets for a little over a month, yet don't understand why this isn't currently part of the programing? Should be. Thanks for bringing it up, Tarek!

• Jeff Cecchini commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think that this would be a great idea IF a company's default preference for which holidays could be added in, and even better would be a custom table of holidays for each company that the admin would set up.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base