How can we improve TSheets?

Remove or Limit the Who's Working Window

Ability to limit the who's working window by department or location as well as the ability to remove the who's working window completely from the account. Many companies that track time do not need to know who is currently on the clock or who has hours for the day. Examples would be salaried employees or companies that track time for invoicing reasons.

30 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Elise shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Trish Pedersen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like the who's working feature, also. However, not all departments want/need to see all the other departments/locations and would prefer just to see their department and/or location.

• Dana Gray commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like the "who's working feature" but I think it would be good to limit to just "who's working" and not the number of hours (and whether someone is into OT, etc. As HR, I like that feature, but we've had employees complain that it's none of anyone else's business how many hours they have on the clock on a particular day. However, the like knowing who is working at any particular time.

• Kevin Pollard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Sheryl, I think this feature as you requested already exists. We hide the Who's Working list from all our employees (only managers can see which of their specific employees are on the clock). The permission is called "See 'Who's Working' for entire company". Just remove it from all employees. http://help.tsheets.com/knowledgebase/articles/803022-about-permissions

• Sheryl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like the option to hide the who's working from other staff members. Not everyone needs to know the hours of other staff. I can see where it would be useful, but not in our office.

• Don Walker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All our workers use Manual Time Card not the clock-in/out feature. The Who's Working window that pops up every time I log-in is just annoying. It would be nice to be able to set a preference so that the window did not automatically come up.

Feedback and Knowledge Base