How can we improve TSheets?

Approve time in increments or by customer:job

We bill clients as we finish their work so we can get it all out in the mail at the same time, on the same day. Currently, because we can only approve time in one lump sum for a day, we either input time for a customer manually and then delete the imported time later or we wait till the end of the day to export. The boss man doesn't like waiting till the next day, so the majority of the time, we're tracking time in TSheets, then using that to input into QuickBooks before the day is over.

41 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Eden shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Don Wamsley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Request a similar if not identical capability. Would like to be able to select a Client and specific Project and bill for all of the time associated with that Client Project.

• Denis A Bailey CPA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are a CPA firm and would like to approve and bill a job when done. The problem with your system is we just can't bill a single job unless we approve all jobs for that employee for the entire day or accumulative days. We just want to bill one job and that's all.

• Brett Barry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is critical. I don't know of any business that completes billable time for a customer and then wants to wait until the next day after time is approved in TSheets and exported to QBs in order to invoice the customer.

• Jay Mercer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to approve and export time by client/project when that job is complete while all other clients may not be ready or complete to get an invoice.

• Brian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a very needed feature for me. Being a contractor the ablity to approve time by customer / job allows me to get paid quicker. Helps my cashflow because I can invoices out to my customers same day rather than next day. Being in the technology industry, this is would be a great marketing point as well.

• Kopsinfo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES!!! As I noted to Becca..... not allowing approval per shift does not make it easy on a contractor with multiple crews in the field working various jobs and service items. As a proadvisor, can't pitch this to a contractor client until this is fixed. Waiting to the end of the week slows down invoicing and ultimately, cash flow

• John Shea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm a consultant, and being to able to "approve" time by job before the week is up would be a great help. Often my work is completed before the week is finished, and being able to export to QB and invoice would be great. Has this issue been addressed yet?

• Tara commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

need to be able to export time by customer so that anytime during the month that we need to invoice a client for time worked, we can export time just for that customer and specific date range.

Feedback and Knowledge Base