How can we improve TSheets?

Add "Approve Time" button to Timesheet line item in "Manage TimeSheets"

Add the ability to approve individual timesheets. Sometimes I want to invoice individual timesheets and can't wait until the end of the week/payperiod. A convenient location would be to add a button to the existing four buttons at the end of each line item in "Manage Timesheets"

24 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Thomas L. Holder shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Stephen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If anyone has ever used BigTime IQ Pro's product, their approval process is near perfect. Tsheets is better in many other ways, but how their approval process works:

For a given submitted period, the manager sees a list of all time items, similar to the approval detail report now in Tsheets. For each individual time item, there is an approve/reject option, including bulk approve/reject via checkboxes. For each individual time item, you can provide a custom rejection note. The employee is then notified that their time was rejected. They can then go to what would be the time slider or manual time card, and there is a little red flag on any rejected time sheet. When they click the time sheet, it shows them the custom note for just that timesheet.

Showing the employee the note attached to the time item is critical here, as the alert that is easily dimissed currently is easy to lose, and if I need to provide rejection detail on two dozen time items for a week, that little rejection note box is not sufficient for the book I will need to write, and the employee can get confused as to which note applies to which time item.

When you simply want to reject a swath of time with one note, you can still multi-select multiple time items and then hit bulk reject and type one note, it will apply the same note to all selected time items.

A day is not considered approved until all time items on it are approved. This means there wont be the concepted of a rejected day. A day is either not at all approved, partially approved, or fully approved. Rejection applies only to individual time items.

Also, rejecting a time item on tuesday should not automatically reject future time items. Sometimes upon further inspection, I want the employee to revise the note, or service item they have used for one or two time items from early in the week.

There also needs to be a way to easily know when you have outstanding rejected time items or unsubmitted hours. I would put a clickable notice on every form of time sheet when this is the case that directs you toward the action that needs to be taken.

I volunteer to test this in whatever capacity is needed - alpha, beta, or even raw development testing. The finished product would greatly improve the efficiency of my approval process and I think it's worth investing the time of myself and my people.

• Stephen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would LOVE if I could approve or reject individual time items. For me, it's because we do a lot of T&M work, and what goes into the notes goes right onto the invoice so it's critical that notes have the correct level of detail, reference the ticket number ETC. I would like to leave detailed rejection notes for any time item that doesn't meet our own internal guidelines. They should then be able to see a list of time items that have been rejected, with the ability to view the note for each rejected item individually so it can be corrected appropriately.

Regarding the above comment regarding different methods of approval, I think that if you still do approvals by date range, it would simply stamp all timesheet items for the given daterange as approved or rejected. Of course a whole day couldn't be considered approved until every time item on it was also approved. So individually approving all time items in a day would automatically mark the day as approved.

• Kopsinfo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow users the ability to choose their approval method that best suits their needs -> via "Approvals Report" as it is now OR via "Manage Timesheet" list. Understandably, ALL previous time must be approved prior to approving the most recent timesheet using the Manage Timesheet list method. Example: In "Manage Timesheet" list, if I attempt to approve a timesheet on 12/1 but 11/20 isn't approved, a pop up that says "You must approve past timesheets prior to approving this one. Use the Approvals Report to approve multiple timesheets at a time". I mean, once a timesheet is approved, it's approved. It's not going to approve the same timesheet again?!?

Feedback and Knowledge Base