How can we improve TSheets?

Geofencing: Restrict clock in/out based on location

When an employee tries to clock in (sets job first) they can only do so when they are close to the job site (location/GPS ping).

126 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Charles shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Kelly Krummen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be useless against apps that let you "fake" or "spoof" your location. Just search "Fake GPS location" on Google Play. The iPhone is a little harder if you try to use an app, but you can fake your location with the Web Browsers and TSheets has the web interface that would allow users to clock in using the fake location.

• Andy Kane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be good to have an option where a GPS sign in was required when clocking on / off / between jobs. As our company operates across multiple sites, the temptation for some employees is to sign in or out when on their way to or from work.

• Izmir Pooloo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since GPS is inbuilt in this application, I cannot see any reason that they cannot implement this feature for all accounts - Admins can switch it off if they feel that it is not necessary, but I would definitely be using this if it was available.

• Chalyce Wilde commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had this feature when I previously used Exaktime. It would not let them clock in if they were not within a certain radius of the geofence. It was immensely valuable in the construction industry. They had the geofence set within a mile or so, so that it would pick up their location without too many issues.

• Stephanie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

GPS is appropriate within several hundred feet. If you make it too sensitive, you will end up correcting more time than you did before. It sounds nice, but is not practical.

• Loriena commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are times when my staff is working for a customer but not at the customers house. This would have to be part of your consideration.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah, same with us BUT if they left the site, maybe they can received a text message that was something along the lines of:

It looks like your leaving the job site. Are you: (Select one)
    Running an errand, keep me clocked in under this job
    Heading to your next job/task of XYZ
    Other, clock me in
    Other, clock me out

• INFO @ EAS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this wouldn't work for our company as we have staff who are working on a job when they are NOT on site (ie. pickup materials at suppliers, or working in office on paperwork for job, etc).

this would cause us major problems if it were a mandatory feature...

Feedback and Knowledge Base