How can we improve TSheets?

Add an "Approver" user type that doesn't track time and costs less

There should be a feature that allows for the addition of accounts that are not my employees and that are strictly used for approving timecards. My customers want the ability to approve my employee's timecards and not get pestered to submit their own time, because they're not really employees. And I don't want to waste $5 on every approver account that will never log time or see the light of day in my QuickBooks.
The account used to approve my employee's time is not allowed to be shared. Her assistant manager or director that normally fills in for them when she is on vacation aren't able to approve my employee's time. I would rather not purchase many $5/mo accounts just to allow for more than one approver.

Solution: A special Approvers Group that can have up to 3 users in it (maybe free for the first user?...maybe $1 for each additional? Never hurts to ask, right?) that can only see and approve time cards in their own group would be perfect. Then I only need to apply an "Approvers Group" to the Customer with people who should only see and approve my employees but that's the limit of their abilities. And best of all, they stop getting emails to complete their own timecards.
Thanks,
Tom

60 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mark B. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. I have an outside accountant that does my company books, and company payroll. They need to be able to log into our time keeping system and download the time sheets to get the amount of billable hours per employee so they can run payroll and prepare invoices. Under our previous time keeping system I could give them an Admin account that wasn't an account I had to pay a monthly fee for. But with TSheets I have to give them an account I have to pay for each month, and each week their account shows up as having not completed a time sheet. Very annoying, and technically incorrect. They are my vendor, not my employee.

• Burkley, Lisa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see this as a feature as well. We have ~350+ recording time in the system, and on top of that, another ~100 who "approve" only. They are confused by the time card options/prompts, email reminders, and showing up in report filters. Being able to more easily differentiate between (and control) those who record time and those who only approve time would be such an improvement.

• Chalyce Wilde commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't mind paying the money, but I do find it irritating and cluttered. We have several managers who use t-sheets only to approve time, yet they're each one more name that has to be managed on a list in t-sheets. Frustrating.

• Lori commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a great idea. I'd love to not have the people who don't actually work show up in reports, approvals, etc.

• BL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would also be useful for external vendors such as accountants, who need to access the Sheets reports to run payroll but who do not work for our company and will never use the application to enter time.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes I have a client who is is salary but has to approve his employees time. he doesn't track his time because he is not working on the jobs

• JD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add to that that the approver only be able to see time cards regarding the project he is assigned to and not other projects the employees might be working on

• Jeannie McQuaid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be great for us also. We have two people who need access our TSheets data to pull out information for productivity metrics...but they never track time in the system themselves.

Feedback and Knowledge Base