How can we improve TSheets?

QuickBooks Job Status:Closed Removes Customer:Job from TSheets

In QuickBooks, setting the Job Status to In Progress would sync the Customer:Job to TSheets. When the Job Status was changed to Closed, it would remove it from TSheets.
That way I can leave the Customer:Job in QuickBooks as Active without it showing up for workers to choose for billing hours.
I think I remember this working a year ago, but does not work that way now.

48 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

David Mansfield shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • L Caffrey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Once a job has been made inactive, if someone attempts to post to an inactive job, does QuickBooks at least provide a warning "this job has been closed"? I know this is not directly related to this subject, but it is the closest I have found. Any information will be appreciated.

• David Mansfield commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, we can just go into Customers and delete the job in tSheets. It does not affect QuickBooks. We're doing that now. We could also make it not visible to certain or all employees.
    The issue is that we have 100+ jobs in QuickBooks that can reactivate and that we need to collect on.
    If I mark the job as inactive in QuickBooks, then I can't post payments. Reactivate, post payment, deactivate. Pain.
    If I delete the customer/job in tSheets (not affecting QuickBooks), then if my sync messes up and I have to reinstall tSheets integration (which I've done a couple dozen times), then I have to re-delete the customer/job in tSheets. Major Pain.
    I could hide the Customer/job in tSheets from one/more employee, but I'm still going through each customer/job or each employee in tSheets for each job. Pain.
    Please bring this back or at least make it a setup checkbox option...please...

• Andrea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would save a lot of time and headaches! We have so many customers and multiple jobs under each customer that change on a daily basis. It would be great if TSheets would only show those jobs "in progress".

• Scottie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You have the option of making the job invisible in t-sheets under manage customers. It stays in quickbooks active but does not show up for employees. When you uncheck it would only show up to who you wish it to show up on.

• Bev Kehoe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

By not having this option, tsheets requires us to change the way we maintain customers and jobs in Quickbooks

Feedback and Knowledge Base