How can we improve TSheets?

Unpaid Day Off/ Monitoring Attendance- entering hours that do not add to total hours worked

We would like the ability to track when employees take the day off and it is not paid, or if they call in and do not have any PTO hours. It would be great if this could show hours NOT worked, but not have those hours be added to their total worked hours in reports. Alternatively, maybe there could be an "absence" button or PTO code.

46 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sarah shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ronda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In additional to having the codes for various reason for being absent, it would be helpful to be able to run a report showing history of absences. Especially useful for employee improvement/discipline action

• Melissa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see TSheets create a solution to this but in the meantime we've found a way to track/monitor absences, at least that works for us, so I thought I’d share. (We are NOT using the “Scheduling” add-on in TSheets, so I don’t know if this would work or be useful for anyone using that feature.)

I created three Manual "Break" codes for 1) Sick, 2) Personal, or 3) No Call/No Show. We set each of them up as a minimum of 8 hours Unpaid time, and I also checked the boxes for “Automatically end break when duration ends” and “Employee can’t end break early”.

We can now manually enter time sheets for absent employees, or have employees select these codes from the app as needed. It also allows us to schedule entries for those employees who are requesting time off in advance for vacations, personal appointments, etc. Finally we can pull reports based on these Break Codes to see how much time is being “lost” to these categories and by employee. Since the codes are marked as unpaid, they don't tally into hours to be paid out by our payroll company.

• James Love commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I only have 5 people I am tracking and without an off button os eomething to show in printouts, its hard to tell if maybe someone forgot to login, and makes keeping track of jobs and houres much easier.
    Any type of OFF or UTO would make managing much easier
    thanks

• Jamie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

*Adding on behalf of jamie* Would like to be able to track attendance this is a great option. Something that the user can add to his timesheet that will show it as being a absence instead of them forgetting to clock-in.

• Melissa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would *really* like to have this option as well. We don't offer our paid time off, but do want to record absences (sick, vacation, holiday, etc.) for record keeping purposes.

• Karen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We handle this same situation using PTO codes with a Zero Hourly Rate. For example we have PTO Codes: Zero - Sick; Zero - Personal; Zero - Lack of Work. As these are assigned to each employee you have to "Personalize Accruals" and check "Allow a Negative Balance". It would be nice for there to be a separate "Unpaid Time Off (UTO)".

Feedback and Knowledge Base