Suggest an Idea

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Cache Job Codes on computer for fast Clock In

Everytime you want to select (or drill down/up) Job Codes, an AJAX request returns the Job Codes available. This is nice, as the list is always up to date, BUT...
    It would be nice to have them cached on the computer once every log in, so looking for job codes could be 'instantaneous'.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Track Time  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. make it possible to hide completed Projects under the same Customers on Time Card

I've tried marking the status as "completed", and "canceled" in QBO and they still show up and may be selected in TSheets Time Cards. As I understand it, the "Customer" must be made "inactive" in QBO to prevent it from showing up on the Time Card selection.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Track Time  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. A way to track banked hours

We allow employees to bank overtime hours at the overtime rate and use they for personal time off or vacation if they do not have time accumulated for time off. They can use for vacation, personal or sick days.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. ability to track time as Non billable

As the business owner I want to track my time for things that are not billable to any particular customer. Working on administrative items, etc. I still want to track my time but do not want to select a customer....

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Track Time  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Remember last service item for project/customer

I work on a number of different clients throughout the day, and it would be nice if my time card remembered the service item that I last logged for that client. For example, if the last time I worked on the client 'Bob Smith' was for the service item 'File Review', the next time I change my client to 'Bob Smith' the service item would default to 'File Review' (regardless of what I was doing for client 'Jane Anderson' just prior)

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Track Time  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Include the physical address for GPS tracking instead of coordinates

For easier access and cross referencing, it would be easier to include the actual physical address for the GPS tracking, instead of the coordinate points. Most current apps have this feature. It would be easier to track your employees and confirm locations.

179 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Track Time  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Track time accurately for overnight workers

Track time accurately for overnight workers. If i use job codes it splits the shift at midnight. Time sheets adds the work after midnight to the begining of the next work shift. They work from 8:30 PM to 6:30 AM. This one problem keeps me from using all of the extra features

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. TSheets for "multi-tasking" environment

TSheets is light years beyond the QuickBooks built-in time tracking feature in most respects. However, one feature of the latter that would be great to see added to TSheets would be the ability to resume the timer on a task paused earlier in the day, rather than creating a new entry each time. In other words, if an employee works on 4 different tasks on a given day, but is repeatedly switching between those 4 tasks, it would be nice to just have 4 TSheets entries for that employee's day, rather than 20.

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Track Time  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Notification when employees leave job site

We are a construction company and sometimes our employees go from one job site to another throughout the day. It would be nice to have a notification text sent to an employee when they leave the job site reminding them to either clock out or switch jobs. It would be a feature similar to the Clock In / Clock Out reminders.

102 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Track Time  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow me to import time into TSheets using CSV

Currently I can send my time in CSV format to customer support and they will import it into TSheets. I want to be able to do this myself without needing to send it to customer support.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Restart a previous job from the Timesheets section of the app

Can we have a way to restart a previous job from the Timesheets section of the app? Maybe a swipe to the right which would restart that job at the current time with the previous settings. This would shorten the process for those of us that clock in to a "lunch" job and then back in to the previous job.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Track Time  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Template notes

It would be great if we could set up template notes as well, to choose either a template from a drop down, or type in our own notes for each project.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Restrict clocking in and out for an individual employee by time

For better control over employees time, would be great to be able to set a start time (8am for instance) so that the employee can't clock in until that time. If they need to clock in early, they could leave note and it will be corrected.

It will save time and money or phone calls to employees that they need to punch in at 8 am and not wait for others on company clock.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Track Time  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Support proximity beacons for reminding or automating clocking in/out

I think you should integrate beacon functionality into your app. I think this would help when people arrive at the office if the beacon will remind the crew to clock in and out. I also noticed that this is something your competitors use as a selling argument http://www.moblized.com/apps/tsheets/compare/all-hours.
    Hope you will solve this cool feature!

Cheers
    Robert

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Record a snapshot of employee computer screen

Add a screenshot every few minutes or seconds of employees computer screen. This feature is available for hourly persons through Elance.com and it's helpful because it shows exactly what employees are working on.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Track Time  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Ability to change the service item without having to reselect the customer

I have employees who may work for the same customer all day long but they may change the service item may times a day. It can be cumbersome reentering the customer name each time. It's the biggest hangup I have with employees wanting to use TSheets.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Have Timesheet Rounding in Time Slider (snap to nearest 5m, 15m, etc.)

With the clock in/clock out feature having timesheet rounding, the slider view should have a similar add-on. Having the slider round to the minute that is set in the Timesheet Rounding add-on would make it easier for users to enter their time entries.

As of right now, unless you're very precise with the mouse, it is very difficult to get to the exact minute. This can make it easier for users that prefer the time slider view rather than the editor view.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Track Time  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow multiple simultaneous timers

I would like the option to run multiple timers simultaneously. There are two main things I would use this for.

One, I sometimes work on two or three projects at once. It would be great to be able to track time for all of the projects at once. As it is, I have to go back and manually add time for some of the projects, which is a hassle. I know I'm losing some billable time due to this.

Two, it would make it easier to separate my staff's payroll hours from their client billable hours. It would be nice…

92 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Track Time  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. weekly time sheet offline

It would be awesome if you had a weekly time sheet iPad app that did offline syncing.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Track Time  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Gathering Feedback  ·  Victoria responded

We’re in the process of updating the iOS app to make crew functionality for manual time entry much faster and easier! We could use some additional input into what you are all hoping for?

20. Create a barcode or QR code that employees scan to clock in to a particular customer.

I would like to be able to put a barcode on specific job sites to initiate a clock in for a set customer. We have a lot of customers, and employees don't always remember them correctly, so it would be great to have a way to automate the customer selection process so employees don't have to keep track of them.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Track Time  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base