Suggest an Idea

How can we improve TSheets?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create a barcode or QR code that employees scan to clock in to a particular customer.

I would like to be able to put a barcode on specific job sites to initiate a clock in for a set customer. We have a lot of customers, and employees don't always remember them correctly, so it would be great to have a way to automate the customer selection process so employees don't have to keep track of them.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

12 comments  ·  Track Time  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to take employee photo/facial recognition from mobile device, similar to Kiosk

Add the ability for employees to take a picture upon login from their mobile device.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Track Time  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. overtime alerts by client

It would be great if we could get alerts when we are overtime or near overtime on a client vs. employee. For instance: if we have a 20 hour retainer on a client and are at hour 19 or even at 20, it would be nice to see that. Also it would be great if this feature was comprehensive of all employees so that when a group is working on a client's case together all hours combine. (or have the option to combine).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Track Time  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Software Glitch Time Zone smartphone change cheat

There is a software glitch that allows employees to cheat about their time.
    An employee can cheat by (1) going offline (2) Change the time at an earlier one (3) Opening the app and checking in (3) Go online (4) Checkout
    What happens is that immediately the system shows as if the employee actually worked the time difference between the actual system time and the "fake time" he has on his phone.
    I believe this is not an add on feature but an actual glitch in the software that needs to be solved.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Time Entries List Filter

In TSheets when selecting Time Entries then Timesheet List, I would like to see the ability to filter this window. I would like to break it up by day so that I can compare timesheets for my crew on a day to day basis vs having them overflow onto the next page. I would like to be able to expand the timesheet list window as well.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. QR Code Log In.

My cabinet drawing program allows me to generate a QR code for each cabinet. If my employees could just scan that code and automatically be logged into that cabinet (as a "child job"), that would cut out several steps and be much more efficient.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Free-form search

Free-Form - With Lockdown capabilities. We need free-form search capabilities on a locked (drop-down) type advanced tracking field. We have an advanced tracking field with 2,800+ entries. The search for this as a drop-down type field is slow and does not always work. If we convert this to a free-form text, the search is very quick. But, it allows us (as free-text) to create new entries that we should not. We need the lock-down of a drop down field with the search of a free text.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Automatically adjust overlapping time after prompt

If I have to correct start/end times, I should be able to adjust for overlaps with a prompt to adjust the corresponding overlap automatically. For example, on the clock from 8:00 for job A and switch to job B at 10:00 but should have switched at 9:30. When I update the start time of the current timer to be 9:30, it should warn me of the overlap and prompt to continue. If I continue, it will correct the end time of the overlap entry to 9:30 and my active timer from 9:31 onward. There will now be entries for 8:00-9:30…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Require GPS location for clock in/clock out from any device

Either provide the ability to get GPS location regardless of what device the employee is on. If that's not possible, add the ability so to restrict clock in on devices that are enforceable (e.g., TSheets mobile apps)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Track Time  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Track time accurately for overnight workers

Track time accurately for overnight workers. If i use job codes it splits the shift at midnight. Time sheets adds the work after midnight to the begining of the next work shift. They work from 8:30 PM to 6:30 AM. This one problem keeps me from using all of the extra features

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Require a reason when entering or editing time in the past

It would be great if there was an option to require an employee to enter a reason why they are entering their PAST time outside of a preset time period.
    For instance, the admin could allow a window of say 2 hours to enter time or clock out after their actual quitting time. If the employee fails to enter their time or clock out, they would be required to enter a reason for the delay.
    Employee's who constantly fill out their time a day or two later than worked compromise the accuracy of the data and and increase the potential…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Edit notes after clocking out

Need a way team members can add notes to projects after they have clocked out. Sometimes they do not remember all aspects when they are in a rush but the only way to currently fix this is to have a manager manipulate it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Track exercise time to lower employee healthcare costs

Create a simple way for employees to track the time they spend exercising (similar to a running or cycling app), so their employer can use the data when negotiating health care premiums.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Remember my default settings for reports like HH:MM and dates

Remember my setting of HH:MM for time entry and custom date range, instead of decimal and current week defaults.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Employees can download their weekly time sheet for future reference

Currently there is no way an employee can keep a record on their computer or mobile phone. A bit unfair, the employer can change hours without consent of employee. Employees need to be able to have a record of hours and preferably as a downloadable file each week. It keeps the boss honest!!!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ability to add negative time amounts in case someone was overfilled in a previous month

The ability to add negative time amounts in case someone was overfilled in a previous month

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Track time up to a limit for a specific "client" and "service"

To track time up to a limit for a specific "client" and "service" (two cells). In our work we receive client authorizations for services from insurance. They come in 6 month allotments and for separate service codes (CPT codes). Multiple staff work with each client utilizing same codes. We could use a way to enter a threshold for service hours in a customizable time frame and then to report to us ongoing what is remaining of that authorized time.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Shortcuts for commonly entered text in notes field (text expander)

Is there a way to type in a shortcut like "QBO" and then the phrase " QuickBooks Online" or shortcut "1040" and then the phrase "Preparation of Form 1040 for the year ended ....." gets automatically typed into the note section for each time entry. I have used this feature repeatedly in Word, Excel and TimeSlips.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Volunteer Hour Tracking

It would be ideal if we could set up a way to quickly keep track of volunteer time that would then get transfered to quickbooks online for accurate invoicing. We don't bill out for volunteer hours, but we do need to show volunteer hours on invoices to show in-kind donations.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Better support for swing shifts

Figure time correctly for swing shifts. For example, don't count time past midnight as part of the next day.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Track Time  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Feedback and Knowledge Base