Suggest an Idea

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Require GPS location for clock in/clock out from any device

Either provide the ability to get GPS location regardless of what device the employee is on. If that's not possible, add the ability so to restrict clock in on devices that are enforceable (e.g., TSheets mobile apps)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Track Time  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Remember my default settings for reports like HH:MM and dates

Remember my setting of HH:MM for time entry and custom date range, instead of decimal and current week defaults.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Track Time  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Employees can download their weekly time sheet for future reference

Currently there is no way an employee can keep a record on their computer or mobile phone. A bit unfair, the employer can change hours without consent of employee. Employees need to be able to have a record of hours and preferably as a downloadable file each week. It keeps the boss honest!!!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Track Time  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Shortcuts for commonly entered text in notes field (text expander)

Is there a way to type in a shortcut like "QBO" and then the phrase " QuickBooks Online" or shortcut "1040" and then the phrase "Preparation of Form 1040 for the year ended ....." gets automatically typed into the note section for each time entry. I have used this feature repeatedly in Word, Excel and TimeSlips.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Would love the ability to set a minimum hours per month (or payperiod) that people have to work.

Employees at my company have a set number of hours they must hit each month (pay period). They can use their billable and PTO hours anyway they want to hit this limit, but they need to hit it.

It would be great to show them how many hours they need to hit it and if they are "burning hot" or "burning cold". Think of a burn down chart in agile development.

Right now everyone keeps a spreadsheet that does this calculation and then manually moves hours to TSheets.....I really don't want them wasting their time to do it if possible!…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Restrict clock-in time

A TSheets customer rep indicated to me that "there isn't a way to restrict what time employees can clock in from the mobile app.
    there is a way to do that if they are clocking in from the computer using our scheduling add-on, but that setting is not compatible with the mobile app."
    It would be invaluable to incorporate that option into the mobile app, ideally with an administrator-adjustable option allowing how many minutes an employee would be allowed to retroactively clock-in.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Would like the ability to type in a service item without scrolling the drop down menu

The scrolling gets old, especially when you're looking for a service item that begins with "w", in a list of 150 service items....

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Set Start Times

I would like to see a start time rounding added. For example our start time is 7am, all employees are required to be at work 15min prior to shift. If they are signed in before 6:45am I would like it to round up to 6:45am. If they sign in after 6:45am I would like it to round up to 7am, if they sign in after 7am, it would round up or down - however the administrator chooses. Perhaps as an added bonus we could round the end of day times, I dont use this but I know of people who…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ability to switch task/service items but stay on the same job code/customer

Tsheets PLEASE HELP - We track time per task per job - On a daily basis my crews have to switch task codes on average of 10 task switches per job, 5 jobs a day, 50 times we have to enter in all the same info over and over- this is time consuming and discouraging for the employees that need to be doing their job not constantly filling in all the same required fields every time they just need to switch tasks. We currently have 433 active tasks we track time for. Can you see how this is restricting our…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Track Time  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Track Time  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add ability to cancel or undo an accidental clock in or switch

Please implement a cancel button when I click on a job my mistake, it makes me fill out required fields and save work.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Easily swap between jobs (including class, service item, billable, and notes) or a Favorites list

I am sure many others are in my situation. I am constantly hopping between one job and another. Up to 5 per day. But each will have the same customer, class, item, and notes (per project) that will continue when switching to each of them. This could also allow for breaks. For example: I start by adding a new task (customer)+class+item plus a few notes, then I must switch to a new project for a while, so add another task+class+item and some notes, then go back to the first one and continue it, then a non-billable break, then back again,…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Check off completion of a task rather than clock in/out

Our janitorial services has repetitive tasks for multiple building locations. It would be nice and much faster if our staff only had to click on a task to check it off as complete rather than clocking in and out of the task.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. DCAA compliance module to allow employees to enter time the following day.

Currently the DCAA Compliance module will require an employee to enter detail as to why they are entering their hours on the following day. It would be nice to be allowed to set this as a certain cut off time instead of midnight, such as 9:00 AM or 11:00 AM.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Manually select job using the short code when dialing in.

There should be an option for employees to be prompted for the short code whenever they clock in.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow Short Codes to be Searchable

Currently short codes are not a searchable field when adding job codes to timesheets. Also short codes should be added to the field of the official job code as a guide. These short codes are often the common name used in the office and could be used to downselect available job codes.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Track Time  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add disclaimer to bottom of Time Cards

Stating no unclaimed work related injuries during this time period.
    Stating if time cards are not submitted by Monday your paycheck will be delayed a week.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Equipment Tracking

It would be nice to have a way to track equipment along with each timesheet.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Track Time  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
2 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base