Suggest an Idea

How can we improve TSheets?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add an intial field for employees to sign their time card.

Add an intial field for employees to sign their time card. With employees working all over the country, this would help to ensure company compliance within certain grant requirements.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Track Time  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Would love the ability to set a minimum hours per month (or payperiod) that people have to work.

Employees at my company have a set number of hours they must hit each month (pay period). They can use their billable and PTO hours anyway they want to hit this limit, but they need to hit it.

It would be great to show them how many hours they need to hit it and if they are "burning hot" or "burning cold". Think of a burn down chart in agile development.

Right now everyone keeps a spreadsheet that does this calculation and then manually moves hours to TSheets.....I really don't want them wasting their time to do it if possible!…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Track Time  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Restrict clock-in time

A TSheets customer rep indicated to me that "there isn't a way to restrict what time employees can clock in from the mobile app.
    there is a way to do that if they are clocking in from the computer using our scheduling add-on, but that setting is not compatible with the mobile app."
    It would be invaluable to incorporate that option into the mobile app, ideally with an administrator-adjustable option allowing how many minutes an employee would be allowed to retroactively clock-in.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. We need caller ID from the location that our people are working

We are a commercial cleaning business and some half of our people dont have smart phones. We know they can text but that still allows them to cheat. we need you to develop a caller ID function when they call in from the land line at the site where they clean. Can you do that?? Thanks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Increase notes character field

Allow longer notes to be entered into the notes field.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Include day, date, start/stop time in the notes section automatically

If the day of the week, the date, the start and stop times are automatically included in the Notes section, it would save tons of time before syncing over to Quickbooks. I manually type this in on the first line (day, date) and then on the second line (the start/stop times and total hrs) before it is synced. This way when it is synced over to the Quickbooks side the information is there and will be included in the invoice to the client when
    an invoice is created. The customer will see this information along with the notes of the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Would like the ability to type in a service item without scrolling the drop down menu

The scrolling gets old, especially when you're looking for a service item that begins with "w", in a list of 150 service items....

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. auto refresh of timesheet log

It would be great if the timesheet list auto refreshed to save us having to refresh the page all day.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Need the ability to switch to new customers then go back to original customer to finish with that time card

Each works remotely on several different customers an hour depending on what calls come in. We need to be able to switch to new customer, complete time card then go back to original customer without having to open a new time card.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Easy end of day/week time entry based on GPS information

My current problem is that staff forgets to sign in/out from jobs they attend in a day. So therefore I like the idea of auto clock in/out posted in another suggestion. But as an alternative or complementary to that idea, why not have the app track (or use the phones build in tracking) the locations I have been and have the option to at the end of the day/week associate having been static on a new location for a certain amount of time, link that to a new time entry. Use this to fill up gaps in the time entry.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. MAC address of the device used to log in

Instead of giving only GPS, i want to know that they are using the approved device to log in instead of some other device. For example, I want them to use their phones. Without the MAC address, they could be giving their logins to their buddies to log them in on the buddy's phone. Give us access to the MAC address on the report so i can confirm the employees are using their approved device.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Customers listed by Last Name then First Name

Great to have our customers listed by last name then first name when we clock in and out of jobs. As mostly our employees know the last name of the customer not always their first name.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Improved Clock-in Cloock-out location/device control with timesheet submital

I'd like to control that a user can only clock/in or out from the job-site itself. Currently this is done using a physical land line phone which works fine. The issue is that if I want users to submit time-sheets via a browser at home they then automatically get the ability to clock in and out from that browser. This defeats the purpose of the land line clock restriction.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Set Start Times

I would like to see a start time rounding added. For example our start time is 7am, all employees are required to be at work 15min prior to shift. If they are signed in before 6:45am I would like it to round up to 6:45am. If they sign in after 6:45am I would like it to round up to 7am, if they sign in after 7am, it would round up or down - however the administrator chooses. Perhaps as an added bonus we could round the end of day times, I dont use this but I know of people who…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ability to switch task/service items but stay on the same job code/customer

Tsheets PLEASE HELP - We track time per task per job - On a daily basis my crews have to switch task codes on average of 10 task switches per job, 5 jobs a day, 50 times we have to enter in all the same info over and over- this is time consuming and discouraging for the employees that need to be doing their job not constantly filling in all the same required fields every time they just need to switch tasks. We currently have 433 active tasks we track time for. Can you see how this is restricting our…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Track Time  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Track Time  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add ability to cancel or undo an accidental clock in or switch

Please implement a cancel button when I click on a job my mistake, it makes me fill out required fields and save work.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Track Time  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)